s3 e2

a/n: had to split episode two in half because the last chapter was getting quite long. so this is still episode two
————————
In the car, Carter has her head leaned against the window, worried they won't find Robby today.

Johnny sits up front, throwing Corn Nuts into his mouth.

"Can you be careful with those?" Daniel asks.

"I don't wanna be digging them out of the upholstery for the next five years."

Johnny leans toward him, tossing another into his mouth and chewing loudly.

"Thanks. You know, we're gonna have to talk about what we're gonna do when we find Robby."

"He's my son. I'll talk to him."

"That's always gone well."

"What did you say?"

"Nothin'."

Daniel's cell rings over the radio.

"Your car's ringing."

Daniel presses the button on the wheel to answer it.

"Hey, honey."

"Hey. Where are you?" Amanda's voice asks.

"I'm in the car. Johnny Lawrence is with me."

"Oh. Hi, Johnny."

Johnny leans across the center console to speak into the wheel.

"Oh. Hey, Amanda."

"All right. You know what? Lean back. You just talk normally. All right? We got a new lead on Robby." Daniel says.

"A lead? What are you, Tango and Cash?" Amanda questions.

"No, Tango and Cash were narcotics detectives. This is a totally different thing." Johnny corrects.

"Oh, I'm sorry. My mistake." Amanda says emotionlessly.

"We're on the trail now, we just need to check out this info." Daniel says.

"Yeah, scumbags at he prison gave it up easy. Couple of pussies." Johnny states.

"I'm sorry, did you say prison?" Amanda worries.

"We were just talking to a couple guys who knew Robby." Daniel assures.

"They wouldn't talk so we had to smack 'em around a little bit. Carter punched the Chris Brown one in the face." Johnny informs.

"You did what? Carter's with you?"

"I didn't smack anyone around, honey. It was more of a, like a good cop, bad cop situation."

"Actually, it's more of a no cop situation. You do realize none of you are cops, right?"

"Yeah, but we got the information we needed."

"Guy coughed it up like a chicken bone. He cried." Johnny chuckles.

"Okay, I'm gonna go on the record and say I'm against this entire operation."

"We just need to find him before the police do. Okay? I don't want this kid's life to get destroyed if I can help it."

"I know, Daniel. Just... be careful. Tell Carter to be careful too."

"I will." He hangs up.

"You had to mention the prison, right? Of course you did."

"I'm not lying to your wife for you."

"All right."

Johnny throws a Corn Nut into the air, it hits the ceiling and bounces into his lap then onto the floor somewhere.