17

Chapter 17

The time has flown here for my second year at Pine Hollow. It's already December and what a ride it's been, no pun intended. Currently, it's December 18th to be exact, and Buffalo is in the middle of a huge snow storm right now, which means we are all locked inside. Our riding lessons are being held in the indoor ring, but to get to that means we have to lunge our horses through the snow, so Max canceled the next few lessons until this passes. But hey, at least it's a week till Christmas right?

I don't think I ever mentioned that Max and Jennifer sleep in a little shack that's at the barn. It's right next to the entrance down this little path, and it's technically a little house that Max made with his Dad when he was younger. It's quite cozy in there, and a perfect place to be locked up in during a storm.

Oh! I finally found out who that guy was that Max was talking to in his office! It's his nephew Jeff, and he's moving back here to Buffalo from North Carolina. He's looking for a job in the meantime to make some extra cash for his new apartment, but Max said he could stay here with him for a while until he finds a place.

Carson actually left the stables to go to Los Angeles to pursue his Photography. I don't think I'll ever have to see that man again, what a wonderful plot twist for me. The goodbye between the two of us was short and quick, thank god.

Anyway, back to Jeff, he started working at Pine Hollow a little after Halloween. He had to bring a lot of his stuff from North Carolina up here and into a storage unit. He's now officially moved in here, and I don't think Stevie's eyes left this man since he's got here.

Speaking of Stevie, nothing ever came about her and Owen. They're still friends I guess, but Owen is dating Kristie now. I don't understand that at all, Kristie is a total bitch, and Owen isn't like that at all. I don't really know what he sees in her, but Stevie has moved on to Jeff. They've talked a couple times, he'll even come and say 'What's up?' to her at Brandis stall when she's cleaning it, or brushing her horse.

Jack and I's relationship has been truly amazing. I would have never guessed we would end up together, like, ever! I will say, he treats me amazing, and I'm loving every second of it. I do have to admit though, I am overthinking things all of a sudden too, but it's not crazy to the point where it's killing me, I hope it just never gets to that point at all.

I'm currently in the hay loft wrapping some gifts for my friends, and Jack. I hope no one comes upstairs, because all the gifts are scattered out in front of me right now. I was wrapping a new tarot deck I got for Stevie, along with some really cute Kiki's Delivery Service socks and a plushie of Jiji. I wrapped the Tarot cards, and then put the plushie of Jiji in a green Christmas bag, finishing it off with some red and white tissue paper. I then took the sheet of stickers that said 'To and From' and placed one of the stickers onto the bag, and wrote in marker Stevie's name and then mine.

I happily put it next to me and then crossed Stevie's name out on the notepad I had next to me. I let out a deep breath and then moved onto Carole's gift, then Jacks, then my Mom's, Kendall's, Max's, Jennifer's, and then Kalynns. Once they were all finished, I put the gifts in a big cardboard box, and headed back downstairs. I got to the bottom, and there was Stevie and Carole.

"Are you done wrapping the gifts yet?" Carole asked me.

"Yes." I said, struggling to hold the box.

Stevie then jumped to help me and I eyed her down.

"No peeking." I told her.

"I'm not! I'm not!"

"Can you go put it in the closet in the lounge please?" I asked her.