Part 21~Battle Royal

Standing on the field, Cementoss finished off the battle stage, Present Mic screaming from his box. "Thank you, Cementoss! Hey, sports fans. Are ya ready?" The crowd cheered. "After all the action you've already witnessed, it's time for the real battles to begin! Can ya feel the excitement? Our competitors are on their own now! Sometimes, heroes have only themselves to rely on! Heart. Skill. Strength. Wisdom. Courage. They'll have to use all of these things to rise to the top!"

"Urg, will he stop talking." Izuku stuck out his tongue, leaning against the wall as Katsuki forced out a laugh. "Hey, stop panicking. You're kick ass, and you'll go show that half-half that you're amazing." Izuku stepped closer, ruffling Katsuki's hair.

"I know, I know, but... He's so much stronger than me." Katsuki chewed his lip as Izuku rolled his eyes.

"No one is stronger than you. You've been training for this. So, chill and exploit his weaknesses. If you win, I'll give you a reward." Izuku smirked, pushing Katsuki out of the tunnel before he could question him.

"All right, audience! Let's cut to the good stuff and not delay these finals any longer. Welcome our first fighters. It's the leader of the first-place team, Katsuki Bakugo, from the hero course versus an early frontrunner in the competition who's way too strong, despite his earlier setback. Someone who rightfully got into the hero course based on recommendations! It's Shoto Todoroki! The rules are simple. Immobilise your opponent or force them outta the ring. You can also win by getting the other person to cry, uncle! Bring on the injuries, 'cause we've got our very own Recovery girl waiting on standby! So put your morals aside, and don't be afraid to play dirty! But of course, no life-threatening crap, folks. It's not allowed! Real heroes use their power to throw villains in jail, not kill them."

Cementoss created a throne for himself, sitting down as he held up his hand. "I'll stop anyone who tries to get too rough."

Katsuki gulped, staring at Todoroki, who scowled back.

"Ready? Begin!"

"Apologies." Todoroki glared at Katsuki as ice shot out. The ground shook as ice covered the grounds and almost reached the stands. For a second, Todoroki thought he won when the ice broke. Shock waves pulsed out as Katsuki cursed. He didn't have enough time to prepare himself for the attack, and his hand was proof of that.

"Woah, woah, woah! Calm down, will ya!"

They didn't. Katsuki ran along the outside of the arena, putting as much distance between him and the precariously dangling wall of ice that clung to the stands. He dodged and weaved past the ice walls that Todoroki kept shooting forward.

Tumbling to one side, Katsuki barely had time to respond as the ice shot at him. Holding up his arm, he broke everything. The ice shattered as the energy wave threw them all back. Katsuki shot forward, the electricity surrounding his body and letting him run faster. Jumping above Todoroki, he tried to punch the icy idiot, but Todoroki slid out of the way. More ice surrounded Todoroki, pushing Katsuki away.

Katsuki barely recovered in time to break the next stack of ice charging at him.

"Just stop moving!"

Katsuki didn't respond instantly. "No...?!" Katsuki twisted to the side, blasting the ice away again. Katsuki cried out. He was running out of fingers.

"What an idiot! Stop breaking your fingers, moron!" Izuku growled, tapping his foot impatiently.

Katsuki rolled to the side, flicking his fingers to stop the ice before stumbling onto his feet. He didn't have any fingers left.

And Todoroki was shaking. "Stop. Just give up."

Ice charged forward as Present Mic screamed. "Whoa! Todoroki continues his overwhelming attacks!"