Getting settled

Hunter pov.

-4 hours ago-

I was packed and ready to leave, and excited to get away from my uncle as soon as possible.

"Hurry hurry, you cannot be late." Uncle said.

"Yes uncle." I said throwing my bag over my shoulder.

"Now get going, your lucky I permit you to leave this house." Uncle said.

"I know uncle." I said.

"Did you talk back to me?" Uncle said.

"No, I didn't mean t-" I was cut off.

"Silence, you best leave before I grow angry." Uncle said glaring at me.

"Yes uncle." I said rushing out the door.

I sped my way through the door of my house, and felt the force of it when uncle slammed it shut, but then after I got off the porch I heard it open again.

"Hunter one more thing." Uncle said.

"Yes uncle?" I asked.

"C'mere," Uncle said gesturing his finger for me to come back up the porch.

I obeyed and walked up the stairs worried.

~Shit, did I not finish my chores, or did I leave before he finished!?~ I thought scared for myself.

Uncle then grabbed the collar of my shirt pulling me closer to him.

He had old bluish grey eyes, long brown hair put back in a ponytail with a gray stripe going down the right side of his head, a long beard growing more and more gray, and a scar across the bridge of his nose.

"If you so much as think of having feelings for another boy... You know what happens." Uncle said.

A while back when I was younger, I liked a boy, and I think he liked me, well Uncle figured that out, so he had me pulled away from Hexide middle school, and I was punished severely...

"Y-Yes Uncle." I said timidly.

"Good, now run along." Uncle said letting me go.

I practically jumped of the porch and when I was out of my Uncle's sight I sprinted away, finally away and free from him. I'm not sure but I believe the air even felt better.

-Present time-

"Oh, hi, you must be Hunter right?" A boy same age as me asked.

He was wearing a dark red outfit, as if he was going to some fancy party, but he came from his home so I guess he just liked to dress formal. He also had bright eyes, and green hair.

"Ya, I'm Hunter, why are you in my room?" I questioned.

"Uh, I live here to." He said.

"Oh... Ok," I said.

"Uh huh... Well I'm Ed." Ed said extending his hand for a handshake.

I walked past him not shaking his hand.

~No, I can't give myself a chance to like anyone.~ I thought.

"Alright not a big shaker I get that, uh, I called dibs on the back room by the way." Ed said.

"To bad that one's mine." I said continuing my walk to the room.

"What, no I need that one!" Ed said.

"Why?" I questioned.

"Because, if someone breaks in, I won't be murdered first!" Ed exclaimed.

"...your kidding, right?" I asked.