1

Alhaitham sighed as he fiddled with the string hanging from his ring finger. Why did he of all people have to be the one with the string, he was too busy to try and pursue a soulmate, and even worse the string connected him to Kaveh of all people.

Kaveh infuriated Alhaitham. He couldn't stand living with someone as brainless as him, he was overly confident, wasteful, incessant, and whiney about his soulmate's lack of pursuit.

He couldn't count the number of times he had walked in on Kaveh drunk and crying over his soulmate, he almost felt bad for him. Knowing that he was the root cause of Kavehs pain was almost enough for him to tell Kaveh that he was his soulmate and to move on from him. Almost. He didn't want to risk the chance of Kaveh attempting to pursue him. Even if he did except that Kaveh of all people was his soulmate he was still far too busy for a relationship.

Alhaitham twitched as he heard it, Kaveh was sobbing in the other room to Mehrak about his soulmate. He sighed as Kaveh came out of his room, his skin was blotched red, his eyes puffy, sniffling as his nose ran. He walked clumsily into the kitchen.

"Where's the wine Haitham?" Alhaitham could tell Kaveh was trying to mask the fact that he had been crying.

"You drank it all last night." he responded plainly, trying not to look at the string tied to Kavehs finger that was connecting the two together.

"It's not fair Haitham, why couldn't I be the one to see the string?" he pouted, falling onto the couch across from Alhaitham. "It's- it's not...fair Haitham" Kaveh choked between sobs. "Why? Why doesn't my soulmate look for me?"

Alhaitham sneered. "Maybe they just don't like you Kaveh."

Kavehs face dropped. "Well- yours hasn't found you either Haitham." he quipped

Alhaitham pulled out a book. "At least I'm not crying about it every day, Kaveh."

Kaveh boiled over with anger. "Tch! I feel bad for whoever gets you of all people as their soulmate." his words bit into Alhaitham. "You're so ungrateful for everything I do around here! I don't even get a simple thank you when I do the dishes!"

Kaveh stormed out of the house and once again Alhaitham was left alone with his thoughts.

Maybe, just maybe, he could learn to love Kaveh...nah not worth the struggle he thought to himself as he came up with an idea

It hadn't taken Alhaitham very long, he had drafted a letter to Kaveh, sealed it in an envelope, and placed it on the front steps of the house.

Alhaitham locked the doors and went to bed, taking note of Kavehs keys still on the key rack. Great, He thought, Kaveh would surely blame him for this in the morning.
                 𓇬꧁-----------------꧂ 𓇬
He woke up and got prepared to head to the Akademia. Upon opening the door he saw Kaveh sleeping on the steps clutching the open letter. As if on demand Kaveh's eyes fluttered open to meet Alhaitham's.

*yawn* "Haitham...? It's about time! I was stuck out here all night thanks to you!" Kaveh shoved past Alhaitham clutching the letter to his chest, a slight blush to his cheeks.

"You were the one that left your key." he raised his eyebrow as he saw the letter Kaveh was clutching. "Mail?"

"Interested are we?" Kaveh grinned from ear to ear. "My soulmate finally found me!" Kaveh was practically glowing with delight that his soulmate finally reached out.

"They must've gotten sick of your crying Kaveh." Alhaitham's remark left Kaveh speechless as he watched him saunter off to the Akademia.

Alhaitham grinned as he walked away, pleased that he had found a way to stop Kaveh from weeping over his soulmate night after night. To Alhaitham keeping up the anonymous letters was worth it for that reason alone.
                 𓇬꧁-----------------꧂ 𓇬
He prepared a second letter to leave for Kaveh while sitting in his office.