Chapter Eleven

1962

(3rd person POV)

Y/N sat on her vanity trying to put the medication on her bruised and injured hands. But due to the injury, she could barely lift up the bottle to rub on her hands. She sighed sadly.

*Pit*

Y/N heard a soft sound.

*Pit*

She turned around in search of the source.

*Pit*

She looked to her window and saw small rocks being thrown at it. She went towards her window and opened it, only to be met with a rock to her forehead.

"OW!" She exclaimed as her hand flew to grasp her forehead.

"OH CRAP, SORRY Y/N!" Benny whisper shouted from bellow.

"Benny? What the heck are you doing here?" Y/N gave him a confused look.

"Your mom told me what happened. She told me to come from the back." Benny replied.

"Of course she did." Y/N mumbled under her breath.

"There should be a ladder against the wall, use that." Y/N told him.

Benny saw the brown ladder leaning against the wall next to her window. He quickly positioned it and climbed up. When he reached her window, Y/N gave him a hand and pulled him in, ignoring the pain in her hands. Benny dusted himself lightly before turning to Y/N.

"Should I even ask why you have a ladder at the back of your house?" Benny smirked.

Y/N rolled her eyes.

"I sometimes forget my keys and my parents may be asleep if I come home late. The ladder is my second option to get in." Y/N grumbled and closed the window.

Benny chuckled at her as he took off his hat and hung it on a clothes rack.

"Why did I have to come through your window anyway?" Benny questioned.

Y/N shrugged slightly.

"Maybe it's because Richard is probably spying on our front door to see if you arrive or if I leave with  you. He found out about our weekly walks and stuff. So I guess it's just a precaution." She explained.

Benny nodded to say he understood.

Y/N walked back to her vanity and continued trying to put the medication on her hands but to no avail.

Benny grabbed the bottle out of her hands.

"Benny. Give that back." Y/N sighed.

He gently took Y/N's hand in his own.

"Did he do this to you?" Benny asked softly while looking at her bruised and peeling hands.

Y/N didn't reply. Instead, she tried to reach for the bottle of medication which Benny only held away further.

"Benny please. Give me the medication." Y/N pleaded.

"Y/N, we both know you can barely even lift this bottle up much less rub the medication on you hands." Benny pressed.

Y/N stopped reaching for the bottle.

Benny guided her to her bed and they both sat down. He poured the medication onto her hands and delicately rubbed it with his long fingers. 

"Do you want to tell me the whole story?" Benny asked before looking up at her. 

Y/N sighed, took a deep breath, and poured everything out.

________________________________________________________________________________

Benny just sat there, staring at the floor while stroking his chin.

"I'm sorry Benny. I didn't mean to drag you into this mess." Y/N felt horrible. She'd brought her best friend into her mixed-up life.

"Hey, hey, it's not your fault. That bas-" Y/N gave Benny a look.

Benny cleared his throat and rephrased his sentence.

"That jerk just wants to control you. I chose to rekindle my friendship with you and if I was given a chance to redo all of this, I'd pick the same decision in a heartbeat." Benny smiled and placed a hand on her cheek.

Y/N smiled and leaned into his touch. She placed her head on his shoulder as his hand went to her arm, rubbing it in a soothing manner.

They just sat like that in comfortable silence for a while.

"I won't be able to play the piano for a while." Y/N whispered while looking at her hands.

Benny looked at her.

"It's okay Y/N/N, your hands should be back to normal in to time." He reassured. "Soon you'll go back to being the best pianist this country has ever seen!"

Y/N laughed lightly.

"You exaggerate. You're just glad I can't smack you on the head now." Y/N joked.

"Well, I can't deny that." Benny laughed.

Y/N hit him on the head with a pillow.

Benny grasped the back of his head.

"It's weird that it still hurts." He groaned.

Y/N burst out laughing and fell back onto her bed. 

The duo just spent the rest of the evening rekindling old memories. Happy and sad.

Both didn't realize the happy parents grinning from ear to ear on the other side of Y/N's door.