Chapter One: Unwanted

Remi

The guest bedroom was dimly lit by a lamp situated on an end table beside a huge king-sized bed. The ceiling was the same, a dull beige which was respectable but boring.

Remi stared at the study table that was piled up with assessment books and guides. She knew she had to get up soon, Marilyn got mad when she did not start on her studying by seven.

"It's the same everyday," Remi sighed, "It will forever be the same." She sat up, swinging her legs just above the wood flooring, her fleecy night gown brought warmth to the girl as she wobbled to the bathroom slowly, flapping her arms wildly to keep from falling.

The knocks on the door sounded through the entire room, bouncing off the walls and echoing its solid noise. Remi was surprised, she never got visitors...And the knocks she heard in the morning would be her head bumping wood.

"May I enter?" It was a familiar voice, which surprised her more than it should have. The voice belonged to no other than her father, Gakuho Asano.

The man who ignored her since her birth, was behind the door, knocking and waiting to be let in. Remi wanted to cry from both sadness and joy. "You may come in." She replied, brushing her hair rapidly and trying to look presentable.

The door creaked, the sound of shoes clacking on the flooring was heard and she caught sight of the purple-eyed man. He was dressed in a suit, hair neatly combed and expression showing a fake, welcoming smile. Gakuho carried a suitcase in his right hand and a thick stack of paper bundled together with a velcro band.

"Good morning, Remi." He greeted, tone professional and eyes studying her carefully as she stood in front of the balcony entrance, "How was your morning?" From what Marylin had taught her, she had to reply with a polite tone, and a proper smile.

"Good morning, fa-Sir, my morning is going well." His eyes darkened when she made a mistake, she stared at the ground, twirling her strawberry blonde hair between her fingers.

"That's good." He nodded, "You see, have a reason for coming here." He explained, gesturing with his hands to emphasize. Remi nodded, it was obvious that he would never go to her unless he wanted something...And she was willing to do anything to make him look at her with pride.

"You might know of my motto for the school," Remi nodded in reply, "Well, there is something-no, a class-threatening to ruin the foundation I have been building up since I inherited the school." Her eyes widened as he finished his sentence, the school? Since he took over, there had been close to no mistakes made as he built it up into a strong school of 95% intellectually strong students and 5% outcasts. It proved to be convenient as it served as a way to motivate the other 95% to not get into the class.

Remi found it cruel for the sad 5%, they were treated like trash. She had heard of exaggerated lies created by the main-stream students to bring misery to the E-class.

"How dire is the situation?" She questioned, voice quavery and airy as she looked into the strangely eerie purple orbs of her father. She could not help asking, what was important was how much and what she had to do, not the class. He seemed to impressed, and it gave the girl an impression that he thought she would be less smart.

"Like I said, it is threatening to put all the hard work and money I put into the school in vain, that is something that should not happen." He smiled, showing his sharp teeth that sent chills running up Remi's spine. Her teeth clashed, clattering and making a chattering noise. Gakuho ignored it and continued on, "I've decided to send you to that class, you are my only hope..." He tried to sound much more gentle, but it could not hide his manipulative personality.

Remi knew he had sinister plans, and the way he spoke of the class with a bitter tone signified an obvious thing.

"You will be enrolled as a tranfer student...Into the End Class."

Her eyes widened as she took in what he had just said. The End class?! It was true that she pitied them, but she never expected to become one of them. Sure, it was a request from her father, and she was willing to do anything. But once she enters that class, she will become as low as trash, useless trash that are unneeded. That would be the worse punishment.

Remi froze, fingers shaking and eyes widening. Her mouth was agape and her legs rooted to the ground. She watched her father as he waited for an answer, she could say no and forever be ignored or disowned or she could accept and be discriminated by jerks who act all mighty.

This was by far the hardest decision she had to make, or the only decision she had to make. Her life before was just a cycle, repeating itself over and over never ending, never changing. And now, she had to make a decision that would change her entire life, therefore ending the cycle she had long since gotten used to.

"I-I..." She mumbled, fumbling with the edge of her night gown and looking anywhere but Gakuho's eyes. She could not escape, she had to decide which was most important. Her pride, or her father's livelihood. "I'll do it..." She swallowed, she would do anything...So her father will be happy...She'll do whatever he'll tell her to do, and she'll do her best.

-To Be Continued-

I hope you enjoyed this chapter! I spent a lot of time writing and re-writing and I know it still isn't the best, but that might take me a LONG time so you will have to be content with this. I promise to get back to it once this story is far in or completed.

Vote for this chapter and add it to your library to receive updates! Follow to show support!

Thank you for reading~!