Changes

LOUIS

Harry and I have yet to discuss things about the new baby. I think I'll call them Nutty for now. I don't know, it just feels like it suits them.

Harry is lying in bed on his back with Jezebel resting on his chest. He's whispering something to her that I can't hear.

"Come on. Time for bed, fruitcake."

Jezebel whines, which makes me raise my eyebrows at her.

"Hey, Mama needs rest." Harry says quietly.

"You'll see Mama later, okay?" I say.

She still has that little pout on her face.

I lift her up off of Harry's chest and take her to her room.

"Goodnight Bel. We love you." I say, then give her a kiss on her forehead.

I walk into Harry and I's bedroom and see him cuddled into the blankets and facing our window.

"Are you okay?" I ask.

"Just thinking." He says quietly.

"About what?"

"Changes happening. I'm having another baby. Bel's a year old now. Fucking hell."

"How do you feel about everything?" I ask, sitting down next to him.

"Scared."

"Why?"

"Will we be okay?"

"What do you mean?"

"You said the universe might want us to have only one baby. Now what?"

"I think I just found it a bit disappointing that nothing was happening. I didn't know what you were going through and it just felt like a lot on both of us. I didn't want us to go through a surrogate either. I know it sounds bad and inconsiderate, but I thought, if you can't have kids, I shouldn't. It didn't seem fair. If we were to want any other kids, I'd want you to have them and you to carry them. I want to have those evenings with you where I'd talk to the baby and they'd listen and you'd get annoyed. That's what I would want to do. This baby, well they might just be a miracle. They're a gift and I'm very grateful for our baby. Both of our babies."

"I'd want you to have kids."

"They wouldn't be biologically yours, and that makes me a bit sad to think about."

Harry smiles lightly.

"How do you feel, Lou?"

"A bit terrified. Happy." I smile.

"I'm terrified too." He frowns slightly.