Mental Chaos

My mind is no longer a safe heaven, it has long been infiltrated. All I have left is anxiousness and concern. My mind is now left cluttered with your words. All my eyes see now is your face. I awake in the morning, breathing in her scent. The world is blocked out by the sound of your voice... your infinitely beautiful voice.

There is a war within me, one where my heart and mind are struggling for control.  One says this, the other says that, and still you remain on the battlefield to see which is victorious. But which one will win, even you are not sure. So you remain patient, all the while I am tormented by my own questions. Questions that ask why, why you, why me, why now? All left unanswered.

My thoughts wander over to you, and I wonder if you too, are tossing and turning with the same questions. The same thoughts of us.

It seems I am left almost unable to do anything but think about what it is you want, and more importantly, what I want. The night taunts me, offering only quick refuge from the maelstrom within my head, and I remain knowing it will begin again with the rising of the sun. 

My worry is overwhelming, and all I can do to set my mind at ease, is to remember that I will see you soon, and that there is still some time left. Time left for my answer. But what it will be, I am not completely sure.

But I hope it will be the best one, and I hope you will still be there after the war is over