Notesie Note

Hi.

This shop is run by me and my twin, DuskBeetle.
Honestly, this is my first time. Kinda nervous. But not nervous enough to just sit by the river bank!

What is corrivate? Definition: To cause to flow together, as water drawn from several streams

What is corrivate? Definition: To cause to flow together, as water drawn from several streams. Sadly, this word became obsolete. I thought it sounds neat. Why corrivate? The elements and ideas you've collected should flow seamlessly into your cover.

Why two fishes? Since it's just the two of us and they kinda connected to streams, why not? And we're both Pisces moons in Western. Pisces suns in Vedic.

☽☾

Again, this isn't for reviews. No praises or anything regarding your covers, but criticisms and suggestions instead.

But this one works differently. The critiques we'll provide can be through here by posting chapters, or through DMs if you want them to be private. What's the benefit of going public? Your story is open for everyone to see, meaning, you could attract people to read yours. Yeah, you got a chance to promote too.

But!

If you and I know that you have a damn good design, lacking flaws, and you still request to go public, we will not showcase your work. This is a crit shop, not a promotional book.

Anyway, there might be hidden themes and things that you highlighted on your cover but we miss them. So, we can discuss them further through comments or messages because you know your story best.

Though in the end, we're not professionals. If you are wholly unsatisfied, down to the gritty details, we could recommend a handful of exceptional designers to you. We help, not provide ALL of the ideas. We can fix up the holes in your boat, but we will not carry you to the land.

Are Dzul and I qualified enough to help or even scrutinise your work? All up to you. Dzul graduated with Fine Arts and dabbles with Photoshop and graphic design too. If you visit my profile, all of my covers except DoD were designed by me. I don't use a single Photoshop.
You can see more of our works in Graphics.

We have varied tastes—except for a few things and I'll get to it soon—thus we can touch on most genres. But if our designs are wildly different to your taste in a negative way, you are welcome to leave. It's better to have quiet differences than you applied for a critique that you won't value in the first place. I don't want a fight. It'll exhaust you and us.

Now we get these out of the way, we're moving on to the most dreaded part!

☾✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧☽