Void

For a long time, Narinder felt like there was a void where his heart should've been. He could never feel his pulse, he could never feel it flutter when he was nervous. He had never fallen in love.

At first it stayed the same when he met the Lamb. The sad, cold, shaking lamb. It was very young, too. Only in its early 20's. Too young to die.
That was when the first ache came, from his void-heart. The pain, and sorrow for such a young sheep. The last sheep, it had no family waiting for it in heaven, nothing. And that was sad. He thought with his heart to make the sheep his vessel, contrary to his normal decision making, with his (abnormally small) brain. He had given them the red crown, and given them the power to free him.  When they grew in strength, slayed his siblings, his void heart emptied, sensing the power that came from the Lamb.

When he was dethroned, the void emptied once again, once more. Hatred filled his soul, his very form. When Lambert... Married him, well that was offensive! To marry the one you've slain! Not to mention, the Lamb was already married! It aggravated Narinder, but... But it was charming.

And the void filled once again. With embarrassment, shame of being married to the Lamb. Shameful of the fact that the Lamb, the once powerless, defenseless Lamb, had taken his virginity. That was the worst part. That they had taken his virginity, and he liked it. Humiliating!

As humiliating as it was, knowing that constantly, Narinder was filled with the sheep's seeds of life, it was flattering. That he was chosen. That he was the one that would be a carrier. The second carrier, but the carrier.

And as humiliating as it was, it gave him emotion. Love.