CHAPTER 1: RESURGENT

A man falls into an endless dark void the light gets dimmer as he falls- A young man in his teens suddenly jumps as he wakes up from his slumber, he looked around at his surroundings. The room that he was in, consisted of a table and a chair near it was a half-opened window on the corner, and facing the bed was a broken leather chained armor, a mask, and a sword placed on a bench.

"*SIGH*....It was only a dream."

He then got up and proceeded to walk to the window and opened it, as he was greeted by the light of the morning sun, and the wind shuffle his jet-black hair with a small smile plastered in his face. Taking off the pajama he was wearing, many scars spread throughout his body. He looked at the scars on his hands then his eyes shifted to a smiling mask that was placed on the table. He takes a white T-shirt and black pants from his drawer and wears them along with his boots and the smiling mask as it glows slightly before returning to normal. Strapping the sword on his holster he then took his broken armor in a bag as he left his room and was greeted by the innkeeper

"Hey there lad, good morning I hope you got a good sleep."

"Yes sir." Then bow in front of the old innkeeper

The innkeeper releases a small chuckle and then smiles at the young man "Like I said lad don't be so formal to me. You have been here for a year now."

"Ok mister, well I better be off now I need to repair my armor."

The young man exited the inn while waving goodbye to the innkeeper, as he left the innkeeper opened his mouth.

"All my years of managing the inn, you by far are the oddest mercenary I met...well it's too late that you didn't hear that."

****

As the mercenary walked on the path ahead, ignoring the gazes of passersby as he walks because he still wondered about the dream, as he recalled why he was falling into a void... then he stopped at a building that have a drawing of an anvil and a hammer plastered to a piece of wood.

He entered the building and saw a tanned muscular woman with white-grey hair in a ponytail covered by a pair of goggles, wearing a leather apron and a brown shirt while standing behind a table.

"Oh welcome, nice to see you again Flint, what could I do for you?" the tanned muscular greeted him in a casual tone. The mercenary named Flint then put a bag of armor and 5 silver coins on the table after greeting her in a small bow and then opened his mouth, and said.

"Well, usual repairs. What time it would take to finish?"

The tanned woman analyze the equipment and saw scratches and bite marks in some places "Well judging from the damages it would be at noon to finish it." She answered giving a big smile but quickly grinned "While I'm fixing your armor, would you like to try out the new gauntlets I made?"

"Miss Nora, I know you'll swindle me to take something you made that cost a high price."

"What!? I don't do that to my customers, I'm just 'worried' for their safety." The tanned woman named Nora replied dramatically wiping a fake tear on her eye.

Flint can only look at Nora not believing what she is saying "If you are 'worried' how much it would cost?"

"Well, about 40 silver coins Hehe," Nora replied while snickering

"You could buy a house from that, sorry but I'll decline." Said while waving his hand.

Flint declined the offer making Nora shrug it off, then she proceeded to take the bag of armor and start to repair it.

"By the way, I know you for a year now I still wonder, why you always wear that old-looking mask?"

"..."