Chapter 4: Explanation Denied?

...

Stupid Green Goblin. Stupid Mr. Stark. Stupid Loki. Stupid everything.

I groan as I look at the group of teens around me. Should I explain everything to them or should I just get out of here?

I could handle wannabe Hulk and Bird Boy. But I don't know about Mind Reader girl and Ginger boy.

But right now, I wanted to teach Ginger a lesson. He destroyed my one and only communication device with The Avengers and not to mention, this was Mr. Stark's tech. Who knows what he'd do to me if he found out it had broke.

"If I answer you guys, would you let me leave, unharmed?", I asked. My eyes dot towards my costume that I had forgot about. Shoot! No, I really mean shoot.

I shoot my webs towards my outfit and quickly bring it into my arms. They all look at me, in awe or shock.

"Can't forget this baby. Anyways, don't you guys have questions to ask?", I look at them, pretending that I have all the time in the world.

"Uh, ahem, yes. And to answer your question from before, you leaving depends on how we feel.", Robin says. Of course.

"But, before I answer anything, could I have my watch back?", I look over to Wally. He scratches the back of his head and picks it up. He throws it towards me. I unknowingly catch it with my injured hand.

"Ow. Thanks.", I say, putting it on my wrist. I'll have to fix it later.

"My first question is...", Robin begins to say but gets cut off by a certain Ginger.

"Do you have a boyfriend?", Wally asks. I felt deeply disturbed by that question.

"Is that really important now? I won't be here for long anyways.", I nonchalantly say, crossing my legs, and spreading my arms across the couch.

"Wally! Ask a more serious question.", Megan tells him.

"That is a serious question.", He looks at her seriously. And now I can't even take them seriously.

"Well, it's been all fun and games, but I've got to go so...", I say, putting my shoes back on.

I try to get up, only to feel woozy and fall back on the couch.

Megan begins worrying.

"Petra, are you okay?", She starts asking.

I look up at her and nod. I try getting up again, successful this time.

"I have a city to save and villains to defeat, so I'll be leaving...now.", I begin trying to find the door. Aqualad gets in my way.

"And how are you going to do that?", He asks. Darn it. Move.

"And why would I tell you? I just met you guys.", I honestly say. He smirks.

"Well, these "Avengers" sounded like they didn't need your help.", He snickers. I scoff.

This son of a-. Calm down Petra. Can't let your emotions get to you.