Chapter 8

Honeybee was sitting in the small den, she glanced outside.

"Why is Leaf always so distant?" Honeybee muttered.

"He hasn't spoken to me. Does he hate us?" Luna sounded worried.

"I don't think so. He just acts ignorant all the time. He doesn't pay attention to us." Honeybee responded, looking into the distance.

"He means no harm. He must be shy. He feels like he can't communicate with his tribe." Haunted lay in the corner of the den, she had stayed in the Rockfall tribe for a while.

Leaf was a member of the Ivyforests, of course. His parents, Fox and Oreo, had always taken good care of him. He tried to act nice to the clans. Maybe what Haunted said was true.

Spike, one of the cats from the Rockfall tribe, had never believed in the ancient clans. He had never seen them for himself. If only he knew...

 He was a sweet cat, but had always acted grumpy, and done things differently. Spike was older than most of the tribe, so was Stone. Although Stone had acted a bit distant after the fight with Darkrise clan.

This was enough thinking for Honeybee. She glanced over at Haunted. Had she fallen asleep?

............................................................

Glacier stretched his paws outside of the den. He spotted a smaller cat. Glacier could hear the bell collar that had been given to the tabby by the humans. Anyone would have recognized the cat approaching.

Honeybee rushed out of the den, Luna quickly followed her friend, a confused look on her face.

"Katy! I haven't seen you in a while. Have you been with your humans?" Honeybee ran over to the tabby cat.

"Yeah! Who's that?" Katy quickly glanced over at Luna, she tried not to look rude.

"Well, a lot has happened that uh, needs to be explained." Honeybee answered, "That's Luna, she's from the Moonrise clan."

"Oh! Nice to meet you. Is it nice to live in the clans?" Katy asked quickly.

So many questions, Honeybee thought. Katy had always been so energetic, but she was very friendly.

"There's a lot we have to tell you about! Let's go back to the den with Haunted. Be quiet, though. She might be sleeping." Honeybee called for them to get back to the den.

"Haunted? Wasn't she the one from Darkrise clan?" Katy worried.

"It's fine. I'll tell you when we get in there." Honeybee walked by her friends' side.