How Mushu Came To The Future.

There is much to celebrate in China, Shan Yu and the evil Huns are long gone, and the Middle Kingdom is at peace. Fa Mulan is shown to be idolized by many of the local children, especially young girls, as a result of her heroic traits, though Chi-Fu (the emperor's misogynistic consul) still thinks she is worthless until the end where he learns to at least marginally respect girls and is fired and probably been arrested or banished for trying to murder Mulan and accusing her of treason.

One day, Shang, who has been promoted to General, proposes to Mulan, who happily accepts. When Mushu learns of the wedding, he is pleased at first.

However, the First Ancestor of the Fa Family informs Mushu that if Mulan marries Shang, Mushu will no longer be a Fa Family guardian

However, the First Ancestor of the Fa Family informs Mushu that if Mulan marries Shang, Mushu will no longer be a Fa Family guardian. This is because Mulan would become a part of Shang's family, thus his family's ancestors and guardians would take over. Hearing this, Mushu becomes worried, especially when the ancestors show their happiness at the thought of Mushu returning to his gong-ringer duties. (Apparently, Mushu had been aggravating the ancestors with his demands for special treatment).

Mushu decides to try to break the couple apart, though his cricket friend Cri-Kee tries to stop him. Meanwhile, Mulan and Shang are summoned by the Emperor, who reveals that the Mongols are threatening China this time. The Emperor plans to form an alliance with the neighboring kingdom of Qui Gong to help fend off the Mongols. To solidify the alliance, he asks Mulan and Shang to escort his three daughters: Princesses Mei, Ting-Ting, and Su, to Qui Gong, where they will be married to the three sons of Lord Qin, the ruler of Qui Gong. If Mulan and Shang do not complete the mission in three days, the alliance will crumble, and the Mongols will destroy China.

Mulan and Shang set off, bringing along their friends Yao, Ling, and Chien Po. It is revealed that despite the trio's involvement in the rescue of China, they were unable to find wives of their own as the Matchmaker had thrown them out. During the trip, Mushu tries to cause problems between Mulan and Shang but they always backfire. However, this also caused Mushu to accidentally destroy the cart the group are riding in, forcing them to continue on foot. Eventually, the princesses each fall in love with Yao, Ling, and Chien Po, and the feelings are mutual among the three. One night, the trio takes the princesses to a nearby village where they impress them. Mulan decides to disobey orders and try to prevent the arranged marriage. Meanwhile, Mushu works to try to break apart Mulan and Shang. He is successful in tricking Shang into thinking that Mulan is manipulating him and this leads to utter friction between the two.

As the trip goes on, they pass through land that is inhabited by bandits. Realizing that making Mulan break up with Shang only made her miserable, a guilt-ridden Mushu is forced to confess to Mulan of his actions. Learning of the misunderstanding and furious at Mushu for what he had done, Mulan, loses trust in him and is motivated to clear up the matter with Shang.

Then, Mushu made the biggest decision of his life, just like Mulan did to battle Shan Yu and the evil Huns, he left The Fa Family and made his way through the mountainside, alone.