loose ends

Carinas POV

A week later

My alarm wakes me up early, I groan as I roll over to turn it off. Maya yawns next to me, "what time is it?" She asks, rolling over to spoon me. "6" I reply, groaning again. "Can't I just call in sick today?" I say, snuggling into her body.

She peppers my shoulder with kisses. "No, because you are the bringer of life, and life needs to be brought today." She says, i laugh. "You are.. something." I reply, rolling out of bed.

I feel Mayas eyes on me as I change, "stop staring at me, take your meds" I say to her, as I button up my shirt. "No, and yes." She says, keeping her eyes on me as she pops a pill in her mouth, washing it down with water from my bottle.

"Can I just get you your own water bottle? You drink all of mine." I say, laughing. "No, it tastes better out of yours." She replies, smiling.

I feel her arms wrap around me in the bathroom, her head resting on my back. "Bambina if you keep acting like this, I won't go to work today." I say, smiling as I fix my hair. She sighs and pulls away, "coffee?" She asks, to which I nod.

I get downstairs, and sit at the counter with Maya , sipping my coffee. "So I was thinking.." she starts, I sigh with a smile. "We go to the gym at the station after your done with work." She finishes. I finish my coffee, and fill my water. "I think that sounds great, as long as you don't over do it." I reply, kissing her forehead.

She agrees not to, which is relieving. "And maybe after" she starts again, this time placing gentle kisses on my neck, "we can talk about babies" she adds, pulling away and leaving me wanting more. "Bella" I say, taking a deep breath, "that sounds amazing" I say, kissing her one more time.

I head to work, feeling a little nervous that she's by her self all day. I am happy to get back to work, I love my job. I love having a schedule. In all the chaos that was Mayas treatment, there was rarely a schedule. Everything was constantly changing, and I couldn't adjust before the next change would happen.

"Deluca! Wonderful to see you're back full time." Jo says smiling. "I'm happy to be back." I reply, taking a chart from her and looking over it. We head into the patients room to start her delivery.

Mayas POV

Holy crap I am so bored. Usually, I'd go for a run or pick up some hours at the station, but I can't. I make some eggs and toast, making sure to send carina a picture so she knows I'm eating.

After I eat, I take a quick nap. Partially because I'm still exhausted, partially to pass the time. When I wake up, I look around the room and realize how much of a mess it is. It's littered with old prescriptions and treatment instruction papers, empty water bottles and tissues.

I stretch a little before pushing back the curtains, cracking a window, and getting to work. After everything was picked up, I did some laundry and vacuumed.

"Hi Bambina" I hear right behind me, which makes me jump. "Oh my god" I say, placing a hand on carinas shoulder. "You scared me" I say, placing a hand on my heart and catching my breath. She laughs, which makes me smile wide.

"My shift doesn't end for another few hours, but I figured I'd come eat lunch with my wife." She says, holding up a take out bag. It's from Vic's parents restaurant. "Carina, you're too good to me." I say smiling. "You deserve it" she replies.

We eat in the kitchen, sharing small touches and stories. Her watch buzzes, "ugh bella I have to go, but I'll see you in 3 hours." She says, before kissing me and heading out.

I want to do something for her. Something so she knows how much I appreciate her. She's not very material, she almost killed me when I bought her an Apple Watch. She likes to spend her on money on luxury, but doesn't want me to spend a dime on it.

I get a notification on my phone, an email from our realtor with a link to a house. Carina and I were looking to move when we finally got pregnant. We need more space to raise a family. I check out the house online and love it. I browse through some more listings, seeing a couple good contenders. I make a document with pictures and info of each to show to carina.

I know my treatment was expensive, but we have a lot saved up. Some of these, we could pay in full up front. I hear a key in the door, and turn to see Carina. She kisses me gently before heading upstairs, "get changed, we're going to the gym." She says.

We get to the station, greeting everyone before heading to the gym. I get in the treadmill, running my hands gently on the sides.  "No running" carina says, laying out her yoga mat. "I know" I say, sighing.

I do a short but fast walk, my eyes glued to carina as she does yoga. "I can feel you staring" she says, "okay?" I reply, smiling. I get off the treadmill and move to the weights, getting significantly lighters ones than I was used to.

I do some light arm workouts, before settling down next to carinas yoga mat. I stretch out my body, as she does to hers.

"Ready to go home?" I say, as she helps me up. "Sí Bambina" she replies, leaning in so her lips are right next to my ear. "And I think we both need a nice hot shower" she says, which sends a shiver down my spine. "Yeah" I add, smiling, "we definitely do."