adjusting to comfort

Mayas POV

Two months later

As always, everything is happening on the same day. We're officially moving into our house today, and we have to take a pregnancy test. I wake up on the couch with Carina, our bed already moved over to the new house. We both took the day off, we have a lot to do anyways.

I slowly get up, careful not to wake her up, and head to the kitchen. I make us both a simple breakfast, some eggs, toast, and some fruit. I watch as she stirs in her sleep, reaching for my body.

"Good morning car" I say, placing the plate in-front of her on the counter. "Morning" she says, yawning. Most of our stuff is cleared out of the apartment, taped boxes litter the floor.

I kiss her cheek, before sitting down next to her to eat. "Trav, Vic, and Ben are coming over in an hour or so to help us move the rest of our stuff over." I say, finishing my food. "Sounds good, Bambina." She replies, resting her head on my shoulder.

"Bella" she says, kissing my neck. "What, babe?" I say, slightly dipping my head back to give her more room. "We get to take a pregnancy test today" she whispers, her teeth scraping my ear. "God, you make everything so sexy." I reply, laughing. "Maybe we do it in our new house, and then we can christen..every..room." She says, still nipping at my neck.

"I like the sound of that." I say back, pulling her lips towards mine.

She packs up what remains of the kitchen, while I move the boxes towards the door. "Just a few more" i say, looking over at her. I laugh a little, "stop staring at me." I say, setting a box down. She blushes a little, "it's those biceps, Bishop." She replies, biting her lip.

My arms have definitely gotten smaller since I stopped working out, but Carina never fails to show me how much she loves me and my body. "Thank you, Dr. Deluca." I reply, and then hear a knock at the door. Vic barges in, carrying a bottle of vodka, followed by Travis and Ben. "Deluca-Bishops!" She yells, entering the house. "She's been drinking since 10" Travis says, rolling his eyes.

"Let's get moving!" She yells, picking up a box and heading outside. We all laugh, before joining her. Once all the boxes are loaded into the car, Carina and I head inside to say one last goodbye to the apartment.

As we stroll through the empty halls, the memories come flooding back. This is where we hooked up for the first time, where we said I love you for the fire time, she moved in here during the pandemic. It's filled with memories of a different us, a lively and easy going us.

We shut off all the lights, Carina taking one last glance with tear in her eyes. I grab her hand, rubbing my thumb over the back. "To new beginnings." I say, placing a kiss on her hand. "Sí, to new beginnings." She replies, kissing my lips.

We head out to our cars, Travis is driving mine and carina is driving us in her Porsche. She wouldn't let anyone else drive her baby. We head to our new house, which is just a few miles up the road. The neighborhood is gorgeous, a beautiful place to raise our kids.

We pull into the driveway and start unloading boxes, I scold carina whenever she picks up anything heavy, she could be pregnant after all.

It takes a few hours, and a few drinks for us to finish everything. Carina is doing her best to conceal her lack of drinking.

As we're sitting at the table afterwards, enjoying some pizza, Vic turns to me and carina. "Delucs you aren't even drunk, take a shot with me!" She says, taking out the bottle. "No thank you Victoria" carina replies, smiling. "Why aren't you drinking? Did Bishop get you knocked up?" She asks, making everyone laugh. "Victoria you know.." carina starts but I cut her off. "If you could leave, we could take a test and know." I say, smiling at her.

"Don't let us get in your way. Congrats by the way, for both" Ben says, grabbing his keys to drive them all home. "Thanks for the help" I say, walking them to the door. Travis makes a comment about how we have to throw a party here once we're all settled.

I shut the door behind them, wrapping my hands around my wife. "Bambina you didn't have to kick your friends out so quick" she says, laughing. I place a gentle kiss on her lips, "I did have to, because I believe my wife promised me that we would christen every.. room.. in.. the.. house" I say, placing kisses down her neck between her each word.

"Yes bella, we will. After we take a pregnancy test." She says, taking my hand and walking with me to the bathroom.

We sit on the bathroom floor while waiting for the test result I check my watch again, "Maya, Bella, it's been 30 seconds." She says smiling. "Im impatient, Carina. You know this.", I reply.

The timer goes off, I help her up and we walk over to the bathroom counter. "Ready?" I say, holding the test face down in my hand. "Sí" she replies, taking a deep breath.

I flip the test over, my eyes scanning the small screen. "Oh my god" I say, smiling. "We're having a baby" carina says, wrapping her arms around me. "Oh my god" I repeat, smiling into her chest. Carina pushes my face up by placing a finger under my chin, our lips meeting. I can taste the salty tears running down her cheeks and into her mouth.

I pull away, placing our foreheads together. "We're gonna be mamas" I say, smiling. "Sí, we are" she replies, as our lips meet again. I put my hands under her thighs, picking her up. Her legs wrap around my waist, her lips attacking my neck.