The World powers

The World's power is its ability to stop time, allowing only itself, DIO and anyone with the same power, to act within the duration of stopped time.
DIO is able to use this ability consistently, as shown as he is able to stop time with little to no fatigue, although this might be due to his vampiric nature or greater experience with his Stand.

While time is stopped, DIO can move his own body, as well as his Stand freely, along with any object he touches, allowing him to strike his defenseless enemies, move to a superior position, and toy with his victims.

All force applied by DIO during the time stop continues to exist after time resumes. This is seen when the objects that DIO throws can momentarily move during the stopped time before grinding to a halt, and then regaining its initial momentum once time starts moving again. A flurry of thrown knives could fly for several meters before stopping near Jotaro

Another unique feature of the time stop is how DIO can seemingly float in stopped time. Since no forces other than the time stopper's exist during a time stop, there is no force of gravity, allowing DIO to move freely in space as he wishes, with the help of his stand.

It is notable that DIO needs to consciously activate Time Stop, which means that surprise attacks can prevent him from stopping time.

Because of DIO's weakened state during Part 3, this ability initially only works for up to 5 seconds in DIO's frame of reference before time flows again. However, thanks to DIO's immortality, the duration of stopped time increases as DIO becomes more accustomed to The World and the scar around his neck heals, reaching a maximum of nine seconds towards the end of Part 3.However, had he not died, the period during for which DIO could have stopped time would have continued to grow, seemingly indefinitely.