The Single C.M.

Ajay's POV:

Love is the most cherished emotion to humanity that brings happiness in human life, but what about me? I feel left out. Perhaps, maybe because I'm the C.M. of this state!

I laughed at myself looking in the mirror. I look good, with neatly trimmed stubble, dusky skin and a height of 5'11. I thought these qualities would fetch me a nice girlfriend when I was in my 20s. But who knows? The qualities that attracted girls to me have chased them away with my family background. Everyone, including you, might think that his family might be involved in politics, crimes, money laundering and many more.

Let me tell you a secret, come a little closer. Tch... A bit closer. Yeah, that's enough. Yes, my family is involved in every such thing. You might be thinking how shameless this rascal can be who is admitting every vile thing his family is involved in.

I looked at my neatly trimmed beard and gave it a thought. Should I shave it? Nah, generally people love stubble. I had a quick shower and jumped into a white shirt and teal colour pants. I brushed my hair and looked at my watch. It's 5:30 A.M. Oh! Please, don't mistake me for someone who hits the gym for a body, because I'm not a gym freak. It's just that I have a good diet.

I walked down and looked at the secretary who was sitting on the sofa with hooded eyes. She should be habituated by now. After all, she works for the state administration.

" Good morning Deeksha Garu." I greeted her enthusiastically.

" Good morning sir." She greeted me drily. I gave her a partial smirk and looked at the files she held.

" I hope the work is done." I asked and she nodded handing me the file.

" Great." I chirped.

" Expect my P.A. the next time sir." She said and I looked at her with a grim face. I know she doesn't like me, not just her, all the ministers thrive to throw me in trouble.

" Any problem Deeksha Garu?" I asked politely and she nodded no leaving my house. I looked at my minions, oops sorry, the MLAs' whose background is a hoodlum.

" Anna, you know right, the elections are coming and you know what we came for." He asked with his dirty grin.

" How much?" I asked and his grin widened.

" 12,000 crores." He said and I nodded.

" Come tomorrow and collect cash from my secretary. She will give you and ask all the party MLAs' to assemble tomorrow evening. I want the campaigning to go perfectly. Pay the police and do whatever shit you can, there should be no nonsense." I said and he nodded.

" I'll take your leave, Anna." He said and left.

Yeah, this is me. I love my state and I will do anything to keep it to myself and work for its development. When I say, I work for it, it doesn't just include me, it's my whole state who has to work for their welfare.

Great, I saw my mom who didn't smile at me. She is not someone who comes and kisses my forehead as you read in books or see in dramas. She is a practical one, she screams at me to have breakfast with her.

" Ajay!" I heard a scream and there you go.

" Coming Amma." I screamed back.

She placed idly in my plate and sat adjacent to me plating herself too. We are in the middle of eating and she cleared her throat.

" The new Junior Administration Officer who got transferred is being proactive in a few things which he shouldn't be. Make him shut his mouth." My mother said and I understand. After my father, she is the one who took politics into her own hands before she got me into this chaos.