Demands of Leadership

Author's POV:

The last 5 months were pretty hectic for everyone as the different MLAs and the ministers have taken their positions. The day of counting was pretty heated over the news channels while there were debates about who would win.

Ajay and his ministers literally shook when each of the constituency's majorities was announced. Ajay party, The Prajakeeya Paksha Party had won with the majority seats winning 78 seats over 119 seats. When the results were announced, huge rallies were going on in the entire state welcoming their C.M. properly.

The people who loved him for his work were overwhelmed and fed him sweets and drowned him with garlands of roses and lilies. Some even said that he'd be a great C.M. after his father.

Ajay took him time to settle everyone and considering that the seat count was more this time, there were more ministers and positions in his hand. Knowing how capable his ex-ministers were, Ajay stuck on to placing them in the same positions.

He appointed them in the previous positions where Kevin was the Minister of MA&UD, Praveen was the IT Minister, Bilal Ahmed was the Minister of Jal Shakti, Niranjan Yadav was the Minister of Road Transportation and Highways and the list went on.

Due to his father's choice with the previous ministers, they had to face a lot of issues with the Central Government concerning Education. The state of Telangana stood at last place when the budget was issued which left Ajay embarrassed once he took over the chair of CM. With the advice of State Advisors and Anand, Ajay made a very big decision to change the Education Minister who stubbornly sat in that position for the past 10 years. Choosing the best MLA who was well-educated and had the atrocity to defend the state, he chose a 32-year-old Dr. Yashaswini as the Education Minister making that old man the Minister of Sports.

The list went on with the addition of new MLAs and assigning them as the Ministers of Sports, Home Affairs, Social Justice and Empowerment, Animal Husbandry, External Affairs, Finance, Commerce Industry, and Corporate Affairs.

The was a cold war among the MLAs as Ajay took the step to include the winning contestants from the opposition party giving them some prestigious positions. He had protected his MLAs like a mother had making sure that they wouldn't jump into other parties.

Finally, the 5 months had done their job in bringing harmony among the Ministers and he felt that the Legislative and the executive were on par with their duties. At the same time, he wanted the Judiciary to pay hefty for being lazy.

" Anand Uncle," Ajay called.

" Yes?" Anand answered his mobile going through some files.

" Have some time?" He asked and Anand could hear the urgency in Ajay's voice.

" No. I'm going through the policies of the Local Governments and The State Planning Department's proposals. They look quite interesting and I believe we can achieve your dream of planning a better Drainage System in the city. " Anand ended his lecture and Ajay snorted.

" Uncle, I asked whether you have some time or not?" Ajay asked.

" And I already told you my answer, a NO," Anand smirked.

" I'm the state's CM," Ajay said proudly with a sneer.

" Not mine," Anand sang signing a few papers and pressing the bell calling for the peon.

" Fine, tell me when are you available?" Ajay asked containing his patience.

" After 4," Anand said in a strict tone.

" Give this to Deeksha ma'am and ask her to call me after 4 o'clock. And wait! Ask her to work on the ongoing pipeline services, the project management, tell that in specific." Anand said strictly to the peon and he nodded going to Deeksha's cabin.