01

i didn't always live here in the luxurious house in korea

i once lived on the house on santos st, before that a nice home on avenue st, the ranch on medocino st, and a small shabby apartment in korea.

it felt strange, because even if part of my life i grew up in luxury (specifically my older teenage years and onwards), the other half i grew up poor and on the brink of homelessness multiple times throughout my childhood.

my mami got yelled at and threatened to get evicted by my own grandma, her mom, when she was a few dollars short on rent. while my tia, who's middle class and always out partying leaving her kids to fend for themselves, gets let off the hook when she chooses not to pay for her bills.

she's a tired hardworking woman says my grandma(my tia was out of state for a concert). you can tell who's her favorite daughter.

my mom was always there to bring up a reputable name to our family name, no mistakes were allowed with her. while my tia was allowed to fuck up any moment, everything always being covered.

i won't do the same things you did to me as a child cried out mami. i won't i won't i won't she continued. i still don't know if she meant it, tried and then just completely gave up or said it in the heat of moment, as what she said was a complete lie.

she was the same as her mami, and if anything even worse.