02

was the world crumbling or was it just everyday life i've grown to normalize?

mami and ms jeong were yelling at each other, i couldn't tell what they were yelling about exactly. i don't want to know what they were yelling about..

i was small and curled up, shaking like a small weak kitten in the winter who was abandoned by its mother. trying my hardest to not cry out and remind them that two small children are in the same vicinity as they are.

dong eun..since when have you been so warm? every time i touched you, your skin would be as cold as the ocean in the winter time.

was it the rush of adrenaline that you felt in fear that the screaming matches would get psychical and you'd have to intervene? or was it the warmth my small body provided? i was always too hot and you were always too cold.

her small fingers gripped onto me harder as i silently cried into her chest, as though some kinda of reassurance, some kind of comfort for mine and herself. her own tears falling off her tiny face, biting her lip to not end up sobbing.

i don't want to be here anymore donnie i hiccuped through my quiet sobs and we both flinched as we heard glass shattering.

she held onto me tighter in fear. when we grow up she started in a quivering voice, we'll run away from here. i'll build us a house together in the country side. you can decorate it in pink and little red strawberries, you can own as many goats and cats as you'd like. the front door opened and slammed shut. we both started shaking as we heard the sound of silence and muffled sobbing coming from outside our room. i promise dolores, i'll never leave you alone she whispered into my ear.

dong eun, please don't let go of me.