Celaena Sardothien

Her past hidden for ten long years,
The only hint at her true heritage her gold-ringed blue eyes.*
Not everything about Celaena Sardothien is as it appears.

There are few things that Adarlan's Assassin fears,
Except for a secret she plans on keeping until she dies.
Her past hidden for ten long years.

No matter what, she always perseveres,
Until she discovered that the people she thought she could trust had been feeding her lies.
Not everything about Celaena Sardothien is as it appears.

To her own plans she always adheres,
Even when she is lost and alone with no allies.
Her past hidden for ten long years.

Only when she is alone does she let fall the tears,
And admit that she no longer has a home as she cries.**
Not everything about Celaena Sardothien is as it appears.

The crossroads where she must choose her path quickly nears,
And from the ashes of the past ten years, her true identity will arise.
Her past hidden for ten long years,
Not everything about Celaena Sardothien is as it appears.

***************************************

*"Ashryver Eyes
The fairest eyes, from legends old
Of brightest blue, ringed with gold.
Bright blue eyes, ringed with gold. A strangled cry came out of him. How many times had he looked into those eyes? How many times had he seen her avert her gaze, that one bit of proof she couldn't hide, from the king?" (Throne of Glass Series: Book 2: Crown of Midnight: page , written by Sarah J. Maas)

**"Celaena walked and walked, until she found herself by the tree-lined shore of a lake, glaringly bright in the midday sun. She figured it was as good a spot as any as she crumpled to the mossy bank, her arms wrapped tight around herself and she bowed over her knees.
There was nothing that could be done to fix her. And she was...she was...
A whimpering noise came out of her, lips trembling so hard she had to clamp down to keep the sound inside.
But the sound was in her throat and her lungs and her mouth, and when she took a breath, it cracked out. Once she heard it, everything came spilling into the world, until her body ached with the force of it.
She vaguely felt the light shifting on the lake. Vaguely felt the sighing wind, warm as it brushed against her damp cheeks. And heard, so soft it was as if she dreamed it, a woman's voice whispering, Why are you crying, Fireheart?
It had been ten years-ten long years since she had heard her mothers voice. But she heard it then over the force of her weeping, as clear as if she knelt beside her. Fireheart-why do you cry?
"Because I am lost," she whispered onto the earth. "And I do not know the way."
It was what she had never been able to tell Nehemia-that for ten years, she had been unsure how to find the way home, because there was no home left." (Throne of Glass Series: Book 3: Heir of Fire: pages 280-281, written by Sarah J. Maas)

The song I picked for this villanelle is Energy by Shinedown.