Abandoned

Everyone thought I was a simple student. Actually I was, until I met a guy who changed everything. I had five siblings and I was the oldest. We all lived with my aunt who had adopted us after we were abandoned. I was only 8, helping taking care of them and myself before my mom and dad decided to get a divorce because my dad cheated. My mom, Cara started drinking and blamed me every night saying it was my fault he left her and it was my fault she didn't look beautiful and young like she once did. After almost a year she  finally decided she didn't want us and took off before we got home from school, she left my 1 year old sister in the crib asleep and just left one note that said "My dearest Lori, I hope one day you will understand why I can not handle the responsibility of taking care of all of you. Hopefully, if needed your aunt Courtney will help you in any way needed. I know you will be an amazing mother one day to your own children. Grow up strong and smart. Promise me you will graduate high school, and make sure your siblings do too. Never let anyone hurt you or your siblings, family's all you have left now. You six need each other more than ever. I hope you six will have a better life without me in it, if you never hear from me again I just want you to know I do love all of you with all my heart and soul. Never let your brothers and sisters forget me. Even if they don't want to remember me. Goodbye my loves." Along with that she left one hundred dollars, 2 bottles of Vodka (which she must've left on accident) and a list of phone numbers. That was the last I saw of her, to this day she still hasn't called or wrote or tried to contact us in any way possible. We made it about three weeks with that money, though the food was scarce. I had to go to the small grocery store a block away from our apartment everyday after school to sweep and clean for an hour an a half to keep getting a little more money. Eventually, after not being able to get ahold of us my aunt came to see if we were okay and when she realized what had happened she was so upset with her sister she couldn't even stand to look at us. She took it to court and since there was no one to argue with her she was allowed to adopt all six of us. This of course being because our dad didn't show, he was contacted but he said he didn't want us. My aunt had 3 kids of her own, a boy and two little girls. She was a widower, so she provided for the whole family. We bought a new house so we could all have our own room, it was a 3 story house with a cellar, an attic, 8 rooms and 5 bathrooms. I chose to stay in the attic because I liked having that whole space to myself. My two sisters got their own rooms. My three brothers each got their own rooms and my cousins got their own rooms. All of us who were old enough went to school. When  I turned 14 I got my job working at a gas station, aunt Courtney knew the owner and easily could get me the job after I begged her for 2 weeks straight. Her oldest son was already  working because he was 16 so I wanted my own job, I wanted to help as much as possible.