The Start Of 8th Grade Summer

School was torture. When I first started living with aunt Courtney I had to start going to a new elementary school. I loved it there and I knew everyone. Then we moved again into the new house to fit everyone in, so I had to move to a new school district meaning I had to start middle school with new people. I already dreaded this, when I got to school it was even worse. The first month I was there was really rough, I knew no one and no one knew me so they already assumed the worst. By 8th grade I wasn't known as the new girl anymore I actually looked completely different than I did when I started going to that school. I was a a different person, with dark (almost black) brown hair with hot pink tips, I didn't wear much makeup. I wore mascara maybe a little eyeliner and some light lipgloss and that was only if I wore makeup but most of the time I didn't. My skin, was always tan because I was mixed and I was a fairly skinny girl. I didn't start really making friends until 8th grade. My best friend in 8th grade, Jasmine moved away after middle school ended and went to Florida. I wanted to die because I didn't think I would make it through high school without her. That summer after she left is when I got my job at the gas station, saw my mom again, and met the most amazing guy. School was out for summer break, everyone was enjoying their vacation and I was enjoying working from noon until three in the afternoon, hanging out with Carmen, Alecia and Tiffany. My job only consisted of me cleaning for an hour, working the register for an hour, and stocking shelves until time for me to leave. Sure it's only  three hours of work but at 14 to be getting $60 bucks a week for that it's pretty great. It was a fun job too, we always had customers from different places that were passing through or were here for our attractions because we live in the mountains and summer is the best time to go to the mountains without freezing your butt off or getting rained on. Since we had so many different kinds of people coming in and out I met a lot of people, some from different parts of the country, some who told me amazing stories, and some who just needed a shoulder to cry on. I loved learning about other people, it was a different kind of experience.