Kiawe x Reader

(Sun and moon was my favorite anime and Kiawe literally had younger me simping)

In honor of the island guardians the pokemon school is holding a school dance kinda like prom. Y/n had been asked out by many boys from other classes but she only had one boy on her mind, Kiawe. She always admired his fiery spirit and absolutely adores the way he looks when he's in the heat of a battle. (me too y/n, me too) The one problem is Y/n thinks Kiawe doesn't feel the same way and he doesn't yet. As the week went on Professor Kukui's class had volunteered to help set up. The seven kids of the class were setting up today and Y/n just happened to be on top of a ladder tapping up some balloons when togatamaru came rolling by knocking the ladder over. Y/n shut her eyes tight and embraced for impact but she never hit the ground she opened her eyes to see she had been caught by Kiawe.

"You alright Y/n?" He asked looking down at her starstruck face.

"Yeah I'm just a bit shaken up is all" Y/n told him

"Good maybe we shouldn't have you on a later for now maybe you should come with me to pick up some supplies" Kiawe suggested

Y/n nodded in agreement and before they left Sophocles apologized for the incident since it was his pokemon who knocked over the ladder.

"I'm really sorry Y/n"

Y/n smiled "It's fine no one was hurt that we know of"

"Let's get going Y/n" Kiawe said hopping onto his Charizard and extending a hand to Y/n.

She took his hand and he pulled her up to sit in front of him. They took off and as they got further away the girls fangirled about their friend interacting with her crush.

Flying with Kiawe was a dream to Y/n but them being so close made her a bit nervous. His chest was up against her back and his hands were on either side of her holding the reigns. She loved it but at the same time one wrong shift could make it weird. They flew in silence until Kiawe spoke.

"So do you have a date for the dance I heard a bunch of people asked you"

"Oh no I don't I was gonna ask this one guy but I'm sure he'd say no, I've had a crush on him for a while" Y/n said

"Y/n literally half the school asked you to be their date I'm sure he'd be honored to go with you or even be your boyfriend" Kiawe told her

"You think so? Then I have a question for you"

"Ask away" Kiawe smiled at her as her face went red

"I was wondering if you'd go to the dance with me?" Y/n said quietly but loud enough for Kiawe to hear

"Of course" Kiawe said

Y/n sighed in relief.

"So I was the guy you were worried about asking out?" Kiawe asked

"Yep"

"So you've had a crush on me because you mentioned earlier that you had a crush on the person you wanted to ask"

"Well yeah, who wouldn't? You're so strong and you're brave and everything about you is just good" Y/n rambled about how great she thought Kiawe was until she felt a peck on her cheek.

She had gone quiet. Her face turned red and Kiawe slightly laughed at her reaction.

They landed and went to go pick up the stuff they needed. Kukui had given directions to an old womans shop who Kukui had known for a while. They found the shop and they went inside.

"Are you two students of Kukui?" The old lady asked

Y/n smiled "We are"

"Well good news I have your supplies ready and Kukui had talked so much about how you two are good students over the phone" The old woman said handing Kiawe a box full of random things they'll need.