Chapter 16: Backstabbing Pain

CHAPTER

Jerome's POV

We hear someone from the back speak up and say no. We look back to see a woman whose voice is very familiar. It is the woman from the cheating argument earlier.

"Excuse me...who are you?" Brandon Adams asked her.

"The seventh and final member of Team Crafted." she replied monotone.

"Then, why don't you come up here and accept your trophy."

"Because it is NOT our trophy."

"What do you mean?"

"We cheated." she said with a straight face. Brandon Adams just looked extremely confused and put the trophy back on the stand.

"And how can you prove this madam?"

"I witnessed it."

"But can you prove it?"

"No, not exactly."

"Can you even prove that they wanted to?" This is when a lightbulb blew up in my head. The voice memo. I slowly raised my body from the chair and locked my knees in place.

"I can." I said firmly.

"Uh...how?"

"This woman and the leader of Team Crafted had an argument about it, right outside our sound monitor. We recorded it on my phone." I explained.

"All right, this has gone far enough in front of these people. Team Crafted and your team," he said pointing at me," follow me. You guys have some explaining to do." Brandon Adams said as we all stood up. We all walked past the looks of confusement and hatred, beating down our backs. We arrived at the door that Brandon pointed to and walked in.

"All right. Show me the recording."

I pulled out my phone and pressed play.

"Then what are we going to do about it I don't know...we could try getting the papers for it. Do you mean cheat....no way....Frank Smith, in no way is this team cheating. But we suck at programming. And this is making us better. I don't care what you say we are not losing. Leave if you want but Team Crafted is winning. Then I am leaving. Go in without me. I do not care if we are brother and sister but we are not doing this."

The recording ended and my whole team just looked at the leader.

"Alllllll right well, we will um...I need to talk to...someone."Brandon said awkwardly leaving.

"YOU LITTLE...." the leader started.

"Um......she's not the bitch here."

Right as that was said everyone erupted in screams and yells between teams.

"You cheated."

"We didn't know."

"Yeah right."

"We could have won."

My hands fly to my ears trying to block their voices. The yelling continues until a memory floods me mind

~Memory~

I was around six when they started fighting. It was only over stupid things, but some nights it would get very heated. Things were thrown, swear words were toss. Blows were imbedded in the walls. It was around four year later, when the money got tight, that it never seemed to end. I sat in my room huddled in the corner, covering my ears with my hands trying to block out the noise of my parents fighting for the hundredth time. I heard a slamming of a door and then pure and utterly silence. You could hear a pin drop. My father left. He had threaten my mother with leaving but he never did. To this day, I have never seen him again. And hopefully never will. Only when I got older did I realized, he was abusing my mother. Mentally and physically. I still have trouble with fighting using words.

~End of Memory/Relapse thing~

Here I stand in a room crowded with people arguing over cheating. The world seems to revolve around me. The yelling and scream, wave their arms. Not one planning on stopping anytime soon. This is when a warm tear falls down my cheek and onto the floor. I had been through fighting without crying or hurting or even listening, but this was different. I felt as if......as if it wasn't my parents fighting over stupid things, but my friends replacing them in the hurt that it caused me. With this, I begin to break down. I fall to my knees in the corner I resorted to and ball. I cover my ears and dig my head into my knees as I once did. It would not end. It will never end.

It is when I feel like this will never end, I began to not hear it. They still look like they are fighting and yet their yelling stops. Their voices lost in my head. I can hear myself crying, but not my team screaming or the other team trying to defend themselves. Their actions are still as if they never stopped, but only their voices did. I look around and try to find the meaning to this. Is my brain so sick of this that it has learned to ignore it? Is it that bad?

Before I knew what was happening, I was moved to a different place. A different rooms. Instead of wood floor, there is carpet here. Instead of a stage outside, it looks as if there is a hallway outside.

"Jerome." says a voice inside my head. "Jerome, its me. Mitch." I knew I recognized the voice but he is not here. Or is he?

"I cannot see you." I told him as loud as I could without crying.

"Then just here me. I am right here." I say as I feel a hand on my shoulder. "I will always be here. I will not leave. Ever."

As he says that, his hands began to form. As if the outline was there, but color wasn't not. I look around but his body still has not regained color. Why? He said he will never leave, unlike my father. He said that. Does he mean it? Does he love me more than my father ever did? What does he have to do to get back color?

"Mitch, its still not working. I can't see you."

"Maybe this will work." Before I knew what was happening, a pair of lips press against mine. As this happens the color slowly fills back his figure and show the beautiful Mitch in front of me. Kissing me. I kiss back, sweetly and passionately. We pull apart because we are human.

"I am assuming that worked, huh?" he asked

"Of course, it did."

"May I ask why?"

"Because we love each other more than anyone else, Mitch."

"While then thats a lot."

"I know." I said as I kissed him this time.