Quacky Confession (Donald X Violet)

(A/N: Credits to Asktrio516 from Tumblr for the Humanized Engine design, she is the best)

It was summer, one of the busiest times on Sodor. The engines are working non-stop, pulling coaches, shunting cars, The list is endless, but they like to be really useful. Violet was given the day off to rest and relax, so her friends and/or siblings are taking over her work for the time being.

She surprisingly knows a secret spot where she can relax and take her mind off of the stress. It was in a forest where there is a big lake with an opening in the trees where the sun shines on it and sometimes there would be a small flight of ducks that come to the lake to swim around.

Violet was thinking about going on a picnic there, maybe go swimming if it's warm enough. She has her bathing suit underneath her work clothes, her swimming bag with some towels, some swimming gear. A basket filled with fruits, mostly refreshing ones, some sweets, some of her homemade food, a blanket, a Cooler filled with soda, and many bottles of water just in case. And a bread bag since she figured that the ducks would be coming to the lake at this temperature of weather.

Violet gets to the location and picks her spot near the lake, she gets the blanket out and places it down. She puts down her stuff and starts to relax. She also brought a speaker to play her music that she put on her summer playlist on Shuffle. She lays down on the towel she placed down and she starts to zone out to her music.

Then a shadow covered her face, but she didn't think about it too much, but it wasn't until the shadow quacked. Violet opened her eyes to see an adorable little white duckling looking at her face, it was tame so it didn't attack her. Violet starts to scratch the feathers on its chest with her right hand, a smile on her face and it quacks happily as it ruffles its feathers and starts to waddle away, she sits up to see the duckling go for the bread bag and starts to try to open it.

Violet:(rushes over) No! (x7) If you want the bread, I can give you some, just in smaller pieces.

She gently pushes the duckling away from the bread bag and grabs a slice of bread, she breaks a small piece of it off and gives it to the duckling. But it grabs the bigger piece from her hand and starts to waddle away as fast as it can go. Violet started to run after it but as she got closer she tripped on an uneven part of the grass and she was so close to falling onto the lake but she caught herself and had to catch her breath, then she heard a whistle.

???: Darn it, Dilly! I thought I told you not to run off! You'd be lucky there were tracks round' here.

Violet recognized that voice, the accent giving away who it was, she looks up to see the duckling waddle over to a familiar Black Engine, one of the 2 Scottish Brothers.

Violet: Donald?

Donald looks up and his eyes widened, he was surprised to see Violet especially since they haven't seen or spoken to each other in a while. The last time they saw each other was at the construction yard.

Donald: Violet? Is that you? I haven't seen you in a long time. How are you?

Violet: Oh! (chuckles) Well, heh, I'm doing okay, I'm on my day off since, you know how crazy summer can be.

Donald: Aye, I know how busy it can be. I'm actually done with my work so I have the rest of the day off. As I was done and started to go rest up, I noticed Dilly at one of the stations and let her hop on my cab since its been a long time since I saw the little Duckling, as I was puffing around she just hopped out and fled to the forest round' here, Of course, I had to follow her to make sure she didn't do anything silly. So, sorry if Dilly did something to bother ya.

Violet: (surprised) Wait, Dilly? Duckling? Are you talking about the Duckling who most people knew as 'Donalds Duck'? The same duckling that got put inside of your water tank, when you made fun of Duck?