Banished from Death

(Trigger warning. Shadow of Mordor/War is not for the faint of heart. It will have disturbing imagery and graphic scenes in them. You have been warned.)

Elias jerks awake to find himself surrounded by fast winds, and ethereal fog, his throat hurts, he tried to breath. He quickly goes to stand, but stumbled back to the ground. He was panicking as he remembered what had happened that night.

Elias: "Father!... Mother!... Dirhael!"

He called out, and yet no one answered. He looked around as he saw something that shook him to his very core. His Brothers body... lying motionless on the ground, blood pouring from his neck. He was silent as he stood up slowly as he approached. The closer he got, the more agonizing feeling he felt. He falls to his knee's infront of his younger brothers body, his blade shattered in pieces next to him.

Elias's face was grim, as his breath was shakey. He slowly picked up his brothers shattered hilt-piece.

Elias: "What has..."

He was barely able to speak. He runs his fingers across the remaining blade, still sharp as a razor. He then was getting a flash back. He found himself standing at the Blackgate, on the battlements, with him holding Dirhael's sword, before it was shattered.
.
.
.
Elias: "How many times have we fought?"

He asked as he tossed Dirhael's sword over to him with a small smile. His brother catches it as he replied.

Dirhael: "Hard to say. It's what I remember most of when we were kids."

Dirhael smirks as he gives his sword a flamboyant twirl, which Elias only rolls his eyes at as he unsheathed his own sword.

Elias: "Now, remember. This is training."

Dirhael: "Yeah, yeah, I know."

And they cross blades, which Elias forced his to the ground, with his atop, before Dirhael pulled back and goes for a stab, which Elias gets ready for, only to bait him and dodge it effortlessly as he chuckled.

Elias: "Dirhael, the Mighty Chicken Killer. Where's all that confidence gone? Show me what you can do."

Dirhael chuckled and quickly goes for another swing, in which Elias blocked, and pushed back.

Elias: "You'll have to hit harder if you want to best your brother."

Dirhael moved foward and slashed at him twice, each strike being countered by Elias.

Dirhael: "Hard enough?"

Elias smirked a bit as he now goes on the offensive, slightly telegraphing his swings so that Dirhael cam get used to parrying. He was still in training, so he doesn't want to hurt him.

Dirhael: "Come on, Brother! At least give me a workout!"

Elias raised an eyebrow, before he suddenly parried and attack catching Dirhael's blade with his own, forcing it down, before he quickly swings to his throat, stopping mere inches from it as Dirhael flinched slightly.

Elias: "Your enemy will not always appear as they are. Dicipline is what makes a soldier. As of yet, you are not."
.
.
.
The flashback fowards to night as Elias was on the battlements now fighting, only this time, for his life. Uruks from Mordor have stormed the gate and was fighting against the Rangers stationed there. Among them was Talion, his father, and Dirhael. Elias uses his sword to catch an Uruks club, before he knee's him in the groin, causing him to scream in pain as Elias swiftly cuts off their head. He then hears his father amongst the chaos.

Talion: "Dirhael, Elias!"

Dirhael/Elias: "I'm alright!"

Elias could see Dirhael take down two Uruks with clean bladework that Elias drilled into him from early in his training. But fighting against Uruks, they prefer brute strength over technique.