To White Shores Glide (Short)

A grey cloud begins to swell over head as Elias returned to the Blackgate, fueled by wrath and grief, as a flash of steel, and black blood stained the ground as an Uruk unfortunate to have gotten in his way falls to the ground, his head missing, and the other Orcs flee when they see the empty spectral eyes from Elias.

Retracing his steps to his first death, he finds them. Carrion birds were picking at their flesh, a horrible sight as Elias shooed the birds away, by shooting a few with arrows. He knelt besides them. His eyes were powerfully bright as tears were falling from them. He carefully carried each one of them down the earth. The ground was coarse and rough, and greatly resisted the shovel left behind by a freed slave.

There wasn't any time to dig deep as there was always the chance of Orcs coming to replace the ones who he slaughtered. But at least a few inches of dirt will spare his family the indignity of decaying to the air and becoming food for scavengers. His eyes, no longer glowing with wrath and hate, now were normal, and only held sadness and grief.

He had no shroud for his mother. White, like the from who she used to wear from her wedding.

He had no casket for his Brother. Wooden like the cradle from which he slept in as a babe.

He had the sword of his father, replacing the one he lost, but would now use it in his stead.

Only the cold, unfeeling ground to join the crusted blood already staining the earth. The Wraith, not currently occupying his body, was  but only a short distance away, remaining respectfully silent.

He had little to offer in ceremony, but a final shovel full of dirt falls on his Family's bodies, covering them until the end of time. But he still tries anyway.

Elias: "🎵As rivers flow and waters fall...🎵"

His throat was tight, his voice, usually so peaceful and happy when he sang, was now barely able to even speak, let alone sing.

Elias: "🎵As oceans settle on port of call...🎵"

The Memories of his family fill his head, which hurt more than any weapon, word, or magic.

Elias: "🎵Your journey onto white shores glide, and there you settle there in with pride...🎵"

Swallowing Thickly, He straightened his back as he felt a stab of guilt as he remembered his fellow brothers in arms as he left their bodies to the elements. He would'nt forget them either.

Elias: "🎵And to the Rangers who honored Gondor, may your spirits find peace ashore...🎵"

The First raindrop falls, followed by many more. Elias blinks fiercely to fight back any more tears.

"🎵And to Father and Mother and Kin... May those bays... bring bless within...🎵"

A single white flower is all that there is to mark the graves, all that remains of his family. Unremarkable that it may be left untouched. Small enough it will soon wither in this desolate land.

His final words, Quiet, but now defiant to the face of the creeping darkness.

Elias: "May their sacrifice be a beacon to us all."