From Bad to Worse

Though he intended to nap for an hour only, Deidara instead passed out for about four. When he woke up the sun was starting to go down outside his window and he woke with a start. 'How the hell was he still not feeling well rested?' He walked to where Sasori was and knocked once on the door.

"Come in brat." He heard in the familiar monotone voice.

Sasori was scribbling a few things in his notebook and hadn't even glanced up when he entered.

"How did you know it was me yeah?" 

"I know your chakra patterns and footsteps." He said like that was a completely normal casual statement.

"I'm ready as soon as I finish this equation."

"What are you working on?" Deidara peered over Sasori's shoulder close enough to see the book but not too close. He knew the man liked his space.

"I'm trying to figure out what can be done to reverse what was done to me."

"Oh. Right." Deidara knew the whole topic of him being human even if it was temporary was a sore subject so he didn't push it.

He worked for ten more minutes and though Deidara was trying to be patient and quietly molding clay, Sasori could feel his desire to leave the sterile room.

He shut the book with a slight amount more force than needed. "Let's go, this room's atmosphere is likely cramping my artistic ability anyway."

"That we can agree on. It's too damn white yeah." Deidara smiled slightly.

Sasori stood up, a bandage nearly as white as his skin wrapped around his left arm. It was a bit unnerving how the bruises had turned yellow and brown and purple on his nearly translucent skin. 

Deidara mentally shook himself. He just wasn't used to seeing his partner with injuries, that's all.

He was steadier on his feet than Deidara expected but the man stayed close enough he could provide assistance if needed. He stopped for brief rests on the roundabout path that had to be taken to his room. Deidara was slightly impressed when he jerked the door open using his chakra strings.

"Ha, don't look so surprised. Did you think I'd be completely useless as a human?"

"No! That's not what I meant at all. I guess, I just thought it might take you longer to acclimate to using chakra as flesh and blood than a few days."

He shrugged, looking cool as usual. "I learned to do all this as a human, but it is rather taxing having to mete on chakra the old fashioned way. It will take a bit to use it effectively in combat."

"No shit. You wielded a thousand puppet army as a human?" His voice had a little awe to it.

Sasori looked a bit prideful as he sat on the bed cross legged. "Obviously. Although I don't intend to remain in this inferior state very long."

Deidara felt a bit uncomfortable with the conversation not because he had issues with Sasori as a puppet, that's really the only version of him he'd ever known prior to this. However, he couldn't fight the nagging worry. What if this was irreversible? What would his partner do then?

"Eh I mold chakra normally and it's not too bad most of the time." He stood awkwardly by the be. 

"You're used to it though."

"Well, unless you need something, I guess I'll leave you to settle in."

"I have everything I need."

Deidara stood in the doorway feeling even more awkward than before. "Well don't forget that no matter how temporary that form is you still need food, water, and sleep."