Distracted Part 2

Part 2

It was the next morning and Y/N had barely slept. All she could do was replay what she thought she saw and think about what Natasha had said to her. Once she decides to get up, she changes her bandage and heads to Nat's room. She is about to knock when Nat opens the door.

"Sorry, I was... can we talk?"

Nat simply opens the door wider and allows Y/N into her room. There is an awkward silence between them as they sit on Natasha's bed side by side.

"look"

"I'm sorry"

They speak at the same time.

Y/N takes the slight pause to talk first.

"I'm sorry. I'm sorry that I walked away. I'm sorry that I left for my mission without saying bye. I'm sorry for not at least talking to you."

"Y/N."

"But how would you have reacted? If you walked in on someone kissing me? You can't say that you wouldn't assume the worst and..." Y/N was cut off by Natasha kissing her.

The kiss was gentle and full of emotion.

"You talk too much." Nat says as she pulls away.

Y/N lets out a breathy laugh.

"I forgive you Y/N. I know I would have assumed the worst too. But this is why we agreed to talk things through."

"I know" Y/N says before smiling and kissing Nat again.

"I've missed you this past week. Even though I was fuming with the thoughts that you kissed Steve. I still missed you."

"I'm always yours Y/N."