Chapter 5: First Dinner

(Y/N)'s POV

This is really not how I wanted it to go. All the three of us were doing was having fun and I happen to end up massage Hitomi since I lost. But I don't think Marie wants to hear that and is looking for a way to kick me off of the island. If she does tell the others about what she saw, then these ladies will definitely see me as some pervert that Zack invited to drool over them...oh dear...what would Zack think if he found out about her version of the story!? I have to contact him!

I was on my way to my hut to either call Zack or hopefully find Marie to get things straight, feeling nervous and scared about what could happen, when I suddenly hear a sound of beautiful string music in one of the huts over the laughter and chatter of the women at the beach. Curious to know what it is, I follow the sound until I stop in front of a hut with the door slightly open. I look inside through the crack and see Kokoro playing a string instrument with a peaceful look on her face, smiling softly and her eyes closed. Speaking of peaceful...listening to her play her instrument is really relaxing. I almost forgot about my problems the moment I heard her. I smile and continue to watch her play for a few more seconds but I want to stop so I can continue with what I need to do.

I went to leave and let Kokoro do her thing without watching her without her knowledge, but I hear the strings stop playing and I hear a small giggle. "I know it's you, (Y/N). Come in." She says through the door. I froze when Kokoro caught me spying on her playing her instrument. And she wasn't even looking at the door. But now that I am thinking about it, she didn't sound angry about it.

I let out a soft sigh and open the door. Kokoro still has that sweet smile and beckons me to enter. I walk inside and look with an apologetic look. "K-Kokoro, I'm sorry for snooping on you." I began, "I-I only came because I thought that your playing was amazing and I couldn't help but listen." Kokoro then giggles and looks away, putting her hand to her mouth to cover it. "Why are you apologizing?" She asks me before looking back at me. She removes her hand and smiles again at me while setting her instrument down. "I was hoping to invite you sometime soon to watch me, and well... you did the job for me." She jokingly says.

Wait... Kokoro wanted me to watch her play? And she's not upset one bit about me watching through the door. "Although, I wish you would have made your presence known to me. If you hadn't introduced yourself, I would have to hurt you for spying on me. But... you did and you have the energy about you that tells me you mean no harm." She says, giggling a bit afterwards. My god, she is so sweet. But at the same time... scary. I wouldn't want to know her full strength if we ever were to fight.

I clear my throat and rub the back of my neck. "T-That's nice of you say..." I tell her as I take a seat in front of her. I then point at her instrument. "What is this called?" I ask, curious about what she plays for her apprenticeship. With the smile still on her face, she lifts it up for me to see better. "This is called a Shamisen. This is a string instrument you see plenty of geisha play. I play other instruments for the role but I have to do better with this particular one." She tells me. I nod as I listen to her. "And how about the dancing?" I ask. She nods her head. "Still needs practice but I have been getting better. Maybe... some other time you would like to watch me practice dancing?"

I give her a smile and nod. "I would love that actually." I say. Kokoro giggles and tilts her head slightly. "I'm happy to hear that." She says with glee. She then positions herself with her instrument and looks at me with a determined look. "Would you like to hear a song I know well? I've been meaning to play it for the others." She asks me. I thought about leaving and letting her do her things without anymore interruptions but since she asked... "Sure. I'm all ears for more music." I say, smiling softly at her. Kokoro smiles and nods her head. "Perfect!" She looks down at her instrument and let out a soft sigh. "Here we go..." I hear her mutter.