CHAPTER FOUR

Xena, Gabrielle, and their allies marched onward, determined to face the darkness. As they marched onward, a familiar voice called out to them. "Over here!" Xena and Gabrielle turned to see Hercules walking towards them. As Hercules joined Xena, Gabrielle, and their allies, he could sense the tension between the two women. He had known about their love for each other for some time but had kept their secret. He knew that their love was forbidden, but he also knew that it was real.

"Xena, Gabrielle," he said, nodding at them both. "We have much to do if we're going to defeat the darkness. But I know that we can do it, as long as we stand together."

Xena and Gabrielle both nodded in agreement, grateful for Hercules' support. They knew that they could trust him with their secret and that he would always have their backs.

As they continued to march forward, Xena and Gabrielle stole glances at each other, their love for each other burning bright. They knew that they had to be careful, but they also knew that as long as they had each other, they could face anything that came their way.

Together, they would stand against the darkness, their love and their strength unbreakable, with Hercules by their side.

As they set up camp for the night, Xena pulled Hercules aside to have a private conversation. She knew that she could trust him with her deepest secrets, and that he would always be there for her and Gabrielle.

"Hercules, I need to talk to you," she said, her voice low and serious. "There's something you need to know about me and Gabrielle."

Hercules looked at her, his expression serious. "What is it, Xena?"

Xena took a deep breath, steeling herself for what she was about to say. "Gabrielle and I are in love," she said, her voice barely above a whisper.

Hercules was taken aback by her words, but he quickly recovered. "I know," he said, his voice calm and reassuring. "I've known for some time now."

Xena looked at him, surprised. "How...how did you know?" she asked.

Hercules smiled at her. "I've seen the way you two look at each other," he said. "And I know you well enough to know that your love for each other is real."

Xena felt a weight lift off her shoulders as she heard his words. She knew that Hercules would never judge her or Gabrielle for their love, and that he would always have their backs.

"Thank you, Hercules," she said, her voice filled with gratitude. "It means a lot to us that we have your support."

Hercules nodded. "You can always count on me, Xena," he said. "I'll do whatever it takes to protect you and Gabrielle, and to help you defeat the darkness."

Xena smiled at him, her heart filled with love and gratitude. With Hercules by their side, she knew that they could face anything that came their way, even the most difficult battles and challenges.

Suddenly, a group of shadowy figures emerged from the trees, their eyes glowing with a sinister red light. Xena and Gabrielle immediately drew their weapons, ready to face whatever was coming their way.

The figures started to approach them slowly, their movements fluid and graceful. Xena recognized their fighting style and knew that they were dealing with skilled warriors.

"Be on your guard," Xena warned her allies. "These are not ordinary opponents."

The figures closed in, and the fighting began. Xena and Gabrielle fought side by side, their movements in perfect sync. Hercules and their other allies fought bravely as well, but the shadowy figures seemed to be endless.

As the battle raged on, Xena noticed that the figures were not attacking to kill, but rather to capture. She quickly realized that they were after Gabrielle.

"Gabrielle, stay close to me!" Xena shouted.

Gabrielle nodded, her eyes wide with fear. She had always known that her relationship with Xena would put her in danger, but she had never imagined something like this.

Xena fought with renewed determination, determined to protect the woman she loved. Gabrielle fought bravely as well, her staff striking with deadly accuracy.

Finally, after what felt like hours, the shadowy figures retreated back into the trees. Xena and Gabrielle were left standing, surrounded by their exhausted but alive allies.

"We have to keep moving," Xena said, her voice hoarse from the battle. "We can't let them catch up to us again."

Gabrielle nodded, her heart filled with gratitude for Xena's protection. She knew that she could never repay Xena for all that she had done for her, but she also knew that she would do anything to keep Xena safe.

Together, the group continued on their journey, their determination to face the darkness stronger than ever before.