Chapter 3: The Reveal

It has been a long roller coaster-like days, the clues kept showing the investigators from one person to another leading them  from one friend to another.
Hannah: Let's pay respect at Oli's wake.
Jade: And visit Nish at the hospital later.
Yen: Guys, Nova called last night, she and her family just got home from the trip, finally!
Jade: Did she know bout what's happening?
Hannah: She's heard about the killings, right?
Yen: Yeah, it's just that her mom said it's better that she'll not contact us while the investigation is on-going.
Jade: That's it? Like if they don't care?
Hannah: Her mom's a lawyer... she knows what she's saying .
Yen: It's probably like that.
Jade: But she called?
Yen: Yes, and wanted to visit Oli's wake, too.
Jade: I thought she doesn't wanna have anything to do with this mess?
Yen: It's not like that, try to understand her mom. Anyways she's coming now, so please... understand her.
Hannah: Yeah. And to say it's Oli... her ex.
Jade: "....."
————————————-
The three went to Oli's wake and thereafter Nova arrived. The four of them mourn for Oli's sudden lost.
Yen: Nova! You're back!
Nova: Guys! I'm so sorry! What happened to Oli? What happend to everyone? Are you guys okay?
Everyone was sobbing, hugging each other.
Jade: You're finally back!
Nova: I know you're mad, it's just that to prevent any further confusion my mim said I better be off of the investigation. But i'm here now, I'd like to be of help in any way.
Hannah: Calm down first, one at a time. It's not that easy, but we appreciate you wanting to help.
Yen: I'm sorry especially with Oli, I know you two had something.
Nova: It's... I'm still confused, I just talked to him the other night, he was the one tellin' me about these things...and now... now he's... he's (sob) I can't understand what's happening and what's with the killinga? Why our friends? Why us? Why Oli? Just why!?
Jade: We're also in great awe!
Hannah: We can't understand as well.
Yen: We're not sure whether it's a resentment or it's just a killing trip, but one thing is for sure, it kind of seems like that the killer knows about us.
Jade: The killer is an acquaintance.
Hannah: It knows about us well... very well!
Nova: Did we ever bully or hurt anyone? Did you guys make a list of any sus?
Jade: Yeah, tell us about that! The lists kept leading back to each and everyone of us!
Hannah: This are all well-planned killing
Yen: The killer even made me sus of everyone.
Hannah: Mainly me.
Yen: Yeah! Especially Hannah.
Nova: But why you, Hannah?
Jade: The killer wanted us to doubt each another.
Nova: So he's doing that so he can easilly kill everyone easily?
Yen: Most likely. But the thing is that he knows us ver well.
Nova: And I'm starting to doubt you all now.
Jade: Well tell us about it.
Hannah: And he successfully made one of us lose their sanity.
Nova: Nish?
Yen: No one can talk to her properly. She won't talk to anyone, she'll just scream and cry aloud.
Jade: But let's not stop trying, she's traumatized but maybe she'll recover.
Nova: Let me just spend some more time with Oli, we'll go to Nisha after, okay?
Hannah: Take your time
—————————————-
The four friends paid their last respect in Oli's wake, they plan on visiting Nish at the hospital after.
Nova: Let's go guys, I'll drive us to the asylum.
Hannah: But I brought my scooter with me.
Jade: Yeah, Hannah gave me a lift here.
Yen: I'll ride with you, Nova and the the two of them can follow us at the asylum.
Nova: Okay, lead the way and I will follow you guys.
—————————————-
At the mental asylum...
Hannah: Let's ask the front desk.
Yen: There's no one at the concierge.
Jade: Endlessly hitting the bell button at the front desk.
Nova: Where's everyone? There's not even a security?
Jade: Helllllloooooooooooo.
Hannah: Sshh! Jade!
Yen: I should call Nish's mom.
Nova: Yes, please.
Hannah: Wandering around the lobby when she saw a big crowd at the side of the asylum.
Jade: Helllllllooooooooooo.
Hannah: Shh! Quiet Jade, guys here, look!
Everyone followed Hannah in the near end of the lobby, they saw the commotion just right out the garden.
Jade: What's happening there?
Yen: Her mom is not picking up.
Nova: Try again.
Hannah: It's her mom.
Nova: Yes, Yen is calling her mom already.
Hannah: No, out there. It's Nish's mom!
Jade: Nish!
Hannah: Guys is that Nish?
Yen: Where?
Nova: That's good we found her.
Jade: Lying on the ground... bathing in her own blood.
Yen: WHAT!?
Everyone rush outside the garden which was a level lower from the hospital's lobby. They found Nish dead and next to her is her crying mom.
Nova: Nish! OMG No way! Nish! Nish! Mrs. Robinsons what happeend to Nish?
Mrs. Robinsons: I was taking a shower...I don't know, a nurse came looking for her in the room when she can't be find anywhere then suddenly everyone started looking for her and now she's .... Dead.
Hannah: Suicide? I don't think it's like that.
Jade: Did they call the cops already?
Mrs. Robinsons: Yes (continue sobbing)
Yen: This is not a suicide, she'smalso killed.
Nova: The killer was here?
Yen: Maybe the killer is still here.
Hannah: The killer know we're going here.
Jade: But how?
Nova: I don't wanna suspect you guys but this is getting strange.
Yen: They have cctv right?
Jade: Yes! cctv! Let's get it first before the police have it.
Hannah: Let's try to sneak in the security's office.
Jade: I'll come with you Hannah, Nova and Yen just stay with Mrs. Robinsons.
———————————-
Jade and Hannah proceed to the security office to get a hold of the footage. But to their surprise, the recordings 30 minutes ago were already deleted.
Hannah: This is insane! I think the killer is still here, the evidence got swiped!
Jade: Are you sure? Search again! I'll guard the door back there.
Jade rushed back the security room's door to watch over while Hannah started to search the security computers again when suddenly.
*stab* stab* on her back
A sound of a knife penetrating a flesh.
Hannah looked back when she realizes she was being stabbed.
Hannah: Why..... You? Was it you all along?
Killer: Closing your eyes and keeping quiet will help you feel the pain lesser. Take your last breath.
*stab* on her stomach.
Hannah crashed towards a chair and fell down on the floor, she then died immediately.
A loud thud made Jade feel something is wrong back in the room.
Jade: Hannah?
No response.
Jade: Hannah? Stop fooling around, is everything okay there? Did you find it?
When he heard no reply from Hannah, he rushes back into the room.
Jade: Hannah! Hannah!
He found Hannah lying on her blood.
Jade: Oh shit! Oh shit! No! No! Hannah!
Jade who's already in panic pulled the knife with his left hand and grabbed for his phone with his right and started dialing Yen when suddenly...
*click* click* click*
Jade: What the!
Sania: So it's you?
Jade: Sania? What are you doing here? What it's not like what you think, call the cops.
Sania: I work here and I got the proof.
Jade: What proof, call the cops, now! Hannah's badly hurt... I think she's not breathing anymore.
Yen, who has heard everything on the other line started yelling.
Yen: Jade! Jade! What's happening? Who's there? Hello? Jade!
Nova: What's wrong?
Yen: Let's go to the security room, Jade called me, I heard him shouting with someone. I think I heard he said Sania.
Nova: Sania who?
Yen: As in Sania from 8th grade.
Nova: Are we talking about Sania Linds? Amber's foster sister?
Yen: The only Sania we know, Let's go!
The two rushes to the security room. When they got there, a group of security personnel were swarming the front door already.
Yen: Nova, there's something wrong here.
Nova: Shit, Jade and Hannah!
They entered inside to only see Jade holding a knife.
Nova: Jade! Hannah!
Yen: No no way! No! Jade! What happened? Why are you holding a knife.
That's the only time when he realized that he's pulled the knife out of Hannah's stomach and now holding tight on it.
Jade: Yen, Nova! Trust me guys, I didn't do this, here look, I just, I just...
Jade started to stammer
Yen: Hannah! Hannah!
Jade: I heard a loud thud, the next thing is I saw Hannah, Hannah is... she's dead!
Nova: Do you have any proof to support your idea?
Jade is crying his lungs out.
Yen: What happened, Jade?
Sania: He stabbed Hannah!
Yen: You?
Nova: Sani——a?
Sania: Yes, it's me.
Yen: Why are you...
Sania: I am working here.
Nova: Work? You haven't graduated yet!
Sania: I am here as a part-time aid, what does it have to do with diploma?
Jade: And I didn't stab Hannah!
Sania: But I saw you pulling the knife!
Jade: Someone was here before me and that's the one who stabbed her!
Sania: I got your photo.
Nova: What photo?
Sania: I took a picture of Jade while pulling the knife out of Hannah's belly!
Yen: Wait, what? Let us see!
Sania: Be my guess! Here!
They all take a look at the photos on Sania's phone. And to their surprise, there was even a live photo of Jade pulling the knife out of Hannah's stomach. With these scene, everyone got suspicious of Jade already.
Yen: Oh my gosh! No!
Nova: Jade, youuu???
Jade: Don't believe her! Why will I kill... this is bullshit guys! Do you even trust Sania after all the bullshits she did with Amber and her family back in 7th grade?
Sania: That has nothing to do with the fact that you got photographed while stabbing Hannah!
Jade: Bullshit! You are no doubt a freaking liar!
Yen: Cops, cops... the cops are here!
Nova: We trusted you Jade!
Jade: And now you don't anymore!
Sania: Why will they trust a maniac!
Jade: You are the psycho here! You've got nothing on me but all those pretty lies!
Sania: You're now cornered!
Nova: You're going to pay for all these!
Yen: Why Jade? Why!?
Jade was put into police' custody for questioning, after few more investigations, he was put behind bars and was sentenced life for Murder case.
————————————
Nova: Thank you Sania, if not because of the photos you've taken, these serial killings will stay unsolved.
Sania: That's nothing, Amber has become a part of my life, this is the least I can do to repay her parent's kindness... also for her death.
Yen: Please take care especially now that you're moving to Pennsylvania... that's so far away.
Sania: But I got scholarship with free board and lodging there, and I can continue part-time as well.
Nova: It's been a month, and all seems better now, thank you again. We locked the psychopath already.
Sania: Good luck to you too, I need to go now, I have a flight to catch.
Yen: Be safe!
Nova: Call us!
Sania: Okay, byes!
————————————-
The two bid their farewells already, but something is not adding up and it confuses Yen.
Nova: What's wrong, Yen? You're a little bit quiet?
Yen: I don't know, am not sure, maybe it's just that am so tired... aren't you?
Nova: I am, but I feel more relaxed now knowing Jade's serving the bar already. Good for that psychopath! I hope he gets electrocuted!
Yen: Jade. Jade. Jade. I still can't believe it's Jade... neither I was suspicious of him from the beginning. I just can believe he can kill.
Nova: You can never know what a person is thinking, it's okay I understand you, I can't believe it at first, too. But he's found guilty and was charged of murders, what can we do? The police and the law worked hard to get this issue solved.
Yen: I know, it's just that there's so many things that don't add up.
Nova: Like what? Case was closed already. When he got behind bars the killings stopped and it's been a smooth sailing month.
Yen: Like, what is Sania's doing in the security room at that moment?
Nova: I know it's not every time you see an aid in the security room but don't forget that she's working there.
Yen: If Jade was the killer, who was that person trying to harass all of us at the same time when Oli's still alive?
Nova: Uhhhh Jade?
Yen: No, if he's the killer I mean we're all together when Amber got killed first.
Nova: Uhhh yeah! Obviously he the killer was with all of you.
Yen: No, not like that! It's hard to explain. If Oli and Hannah were still here it'll be easier for you to understand.
Nova: Bit they're all dead now together with Amber and Rose! And he killed all the four of them!
Yen. ***
Nova: Do you have something with Jade?
Yen: What do you mean? It's not like that! I'm just being reasonable.
Nova: He killed all our friends! Do you think that was reasonable? That's fucked up, Yen! He's a psychopath!
Yen: I need to talk to his dad.
Nova: Now you sound like a psychopath, too! Why will you talk to the killer's dad!? You're crazy!
Yen: But what if he's not the killer? What if the two of us will accidentally take away the life of a friend because of mistake?
Nova: And what if he is! How are you going to bring the lives of our friends back!
Yes: But...'
Nova: Enough! No more buts! You need to go see a doctor, not the killer's dad!
Yen: ***
Nova: Let's go HOME first, get some rest. I'll talk to you soon.
Yen: Please be safe, you never know.
Nova: Cut it, Yen!
The two got into a very serious discussion when Yen suddenly realizes there's something off. She then decided to talk to Jade's dad.
——————————————
Yen went to visit Mr. Jones... the father of Jade.
Yen: Sir, Mr. Jones.... I'm.... I....
Mr. Jones: I understand you Yen. I know why you think and feel like that, I can't blame you. All the clues points toward my son. But the one thing that bugs me is that, why and how come it came so smoothly. I believe there's no such thing as perfect crime.
Yen: I'm so sorry, sir. I also can't believe it but as you've said all clues lead back to Jade. But I aslso think there's something off.
Mr. Jones: I know, I know.
Yen. I'm so sorry sir. I don't know what to do or think anymore.
Mr. Jones: Don't feel bad. I talked to Jade yesterday and he said you're smart you'll gonna figure this out.
Yen: What do you mean, sir?
Mr. Jones: When he found Hannah lying on the floor, she was holding a button. Jade took that button, he asked me to give it to you.  But as you know the case was solved so fast and he was convicted in just a matter of time. I wasn't able to get a hold of you, I tried.
Yen: I'm sorry, I didn't know sir. I....
Mr. Jones: That's okay, you're here now...and here's the button. I asked a private investigator to help me run a finger print on it. I'm just waiting for the result.
Yen: Oh. My gosh! Nova needs to know about this!
Mr. Jones: No, not now, let the killer feel his short victory for now, if he sense that we are moving, he might start killing spree again. There's only three of you left. We don't want another dead body, right?
Yen: But how about Jade? He's behind the bar paying for something he didn't even do!
Mr. Jones: Don't worry about my son. Behind the bar is the safest place for him now, Worry about yourself first. I will give your number to the investigator. We'll never know what can happen, at least I have someone to work with this now, right?
Yen: Of course sir, please yes give him my phone number.
———————————————
When Yen finally got home, she recieved a call.
Yen: Hello!?
Nova: Are you expecting another call?
Yen: Nova?
Nova: It's me, who else?
Yen: What's the matter?
Nova: Nothing, I told you I'll call you before we part ways this morning, didn't I?
Yes: Oh yeah?
Nova: Yes! Are you ok?
Yen: No, I mean yes of course.
Nova: I think you need to rest now, you're quite off.
Yen: It's only six in the evening.
Nova: If this is something about Jade, please snap out of it already.
Yen: Okay, goodnight.
Nova: I'll call you tomorrow.
Yen: Okay.
Nova: Goodnight! Strange girl.
————————————————
*ring... *ring... *ring
Yen: I'm already sleeping, Nova!
Yen answered the call half fast-asleep.
Private Investigator: Is this Yen?
Yen got confusedand tries openning her eyes fully.
Yen: Yes! This is Yen, may I know who's this?
Private Investigator: Hi, I'm John Donovann, I'm the private investigator that Mr. Dean Jones hired.
Yen: Yes, I've heard of you, thanks for contacting me sir, do you have the result yet?
Private Investigator: But the thing is I'm trying to contact him for an hour already, his phone just keeps on ringing. I'm in front of his house now, do you happen to know where he could have been?
Yen: That's impossible, knowing he knows you're calling.
Private Investigator: That's why I paid visit to him already. There's no light in his house now and it's only seven.
Yen: I'll go there sir, wait for me. But first, can you take a picture of the result now and send it to me. I have a very bad feeling on this, I just want to make sure when it's stolen I still have a copy, please? Send me now?
Private Investigator: Okay, I'll hang up now and send you a photo of it. You'll be very surprise.
Yen: What more can surprise me, sir. Be there in few.
———————————-
Yen put on a jacket under her jammies, tied her hair and grabbed her phone.
Yen: Mom! Dad! Be out for sec!
Mom: Where are you...
Blag! The door was strongly shut.
Mom: ???
———————————-
Bleep bleep... Yen suddenly recieves a message. She's almost at the 1st street when suddenly.
Stab*stab*stab*
Yen witnessed the private investigator being stabbed by a person in black track suit, bucket hat, with medical mask on.
Killer: Had you not been too nossy, you won't die tonight with Mr. Dean.
Yen, who was hiding behind the bushes heard the killer talking. And it was a girl's voice.
Yen: !?
She tried to be as quiet as possible holding her mouth with her two hands when suddenly her phone rangs.
Ringgg... ring..... ringgg.
Yen: Bullshit! I need to run!
She tries so hard to run all her might until she's already seeing the facade of her house.
She dialled her mom's phone number.
Yen: Open up! Open the door mom! Open it now!
Her mom angrily opens the door and she reacher the front doorthen slam it close loudly.
*blagg!
Mom: Yeneza Danes! What was that all about!
Her mom shouted.
Yen: Mom call the cops, now!
Mom: What's happening?
Yen: Call now, mom! I'll explain!
Her mom dialled 911.
911: This is 911 Emergency....
Yen grabbed the phone of ner mom...
Yen: I witnessed a murder! I saw someone get stabbed in front of my friends' house! I saw a murder!
911: Ma'am can you please be more specific...
Yen starts sobbing
Yen: I saw someone get mirdered in front of me, how can I calm down! I need a police!police! Police!
Yen was hysterically shouting already then her mom grabbed the phone back.
Mom: Officer, my daughter went home running and shouting, someone was after her, I think she witnessed a crime please send help as soon as possible.
911: Okay ma'am can you please state your address?
The conversation between the officer and her mom ended when they saw the police mobile already.
Yen: Mom! The police is finally here!
Mom: Officer, thank you so much, the police are here now. Thank you very much.
Yen run out of the house and told everything to the police, they went to check on Jade's house but the crime scene was cleared up already. The private investigator and his car are now gone. There not even a blood splat anywehre to be seen.
Yen: I'm telling you, it's true. Someone got stabbed here, the killer was a girl!
Police: Dear, I know things weren't really good for you before...maybe you'remjust imaginign things....
Yen: Imagining? Do you think I'm crazy justbecause things loooks crazy!
She started crying and shouting at the officers already.
Yen: I'm telling you, someone was killed here! Maybe because you guys were so slow that the killer sweep cvrything already!
Police: Ms. Danes, we're really sorry for...
Yen: Look Mr. Officer, why don't you try to knock on Mr. Jones' house to see first, let's check on him first!
The police buzz the front door of the Jones' and no one was answering but suddenly they hear the dog barking from the inside. They rush to open the door to see what's ha-pening, it's almost 8 in theevening already and Yen tries on calling Mr. Jones' phone and they heard his phone ringing from the inside as well.
Officer: We heed a back up at First street, a father who owns the house is unreachable for hours already, his dog was left inside and his phone, too.
Yen: Mr. Jones! Mr. Jones! Mr. Jones!
Officer: Excuse us, we need to use force to open the door already.
Blagg! The officer successfully opens the door of the Jones' house.
Yen: Mr. Jones? Sir! No!
They found the cold body of Mr. Jones hanging on the ceiling.
The things inside his house were all clean, nothing was taken as they supposed and they declared the crime as suicide.
Yen: Suicide? Are you crazy! This is not a suicide! It was too clean to believe to!
Mom: Mr. Jones' hone now, there's nothing we can do, Yen.
Yen: Of course we can do something mom! It's not very like of Mr. Jones to hang himself! If only the dog can talk!
Yen locked herself in her bedroom, crying, she's trying to figure out how she's gonna bring this up to Jade in prison until she flips on her phone and remember what the Private Investigator sent her before he also got killed.
———————————————