Introduction

Please know that all the characters in this story are not owned by me, they are owned by the Yellowstone series

Also in this book Lee lives. Monica and Tate are still in it.

The only characters I own are Hayley and her family

THANK YOU ENJOY

25th of SEPTEMBER 1998

Hayley Parker and Beth Dutton had been the best of friends since the moment they met. Beth was 14 and Hayley was 8.

" What're you doing" called Hayley as she watched Beth trying to stay on her horse.

"Riding what does it look like I'm doing" she snapped, scowling.

"Your pretty shit at it" replied Hayley grinning. Beth glared at her, momentarily distracted the horse threw her off.

"Oi!!" yelled Hayley, swinging herself over the training pen fence. Hayley grabbed the Dutton girls arm pulling her to her feet.

The horse snorted at them. "You bloody bastard" howled Beth. Hayley laughed, earning a grin from Beth. "Mean old bitch" Beth hissed at the horse, picking her hat up off the ground.

"I'm Hayley"

"Beth" she replied shoving her hat back on "what are you doing on our ranch" she asked suspiciously.

"My Mam died she sent me here to live with Dad, he's a wrangler" replied Hayley quietly looking at her feet. Beth eyed the girl, she was pretty. Long light brown hair framed her lightly tanned skin. She had big blue eyes, and a smattering of freckles along the bridge of her nose and cheeks. The red shirt she wore made her eyes stand out, she was tall but petite. Her brothers would love this girl Beth could feel it.

"Beth" Lee's voice called from behind them. Jamie, Lee, Rip and Kayce were riding towards them. Their eyes fell upon Hayley as they pulled their horses to a stop. Lee licked his lips eyeing Hayley.

"Who're you" asked Jamie accusingly climbing off his horse.

"Who are you" Hayley retorted quickly.

"Hayley these are my brothers, Lee, Jamie and Kayce" Beth says pointing to three of the boys " and that's Rip" she added pointing to the final boy. "Boys this is Hayley, her dad's a wrangler Beth grinned at her brothers "she's my new best friend"

And that was how they met. The Dutton children and Hayley became inseparable. Hayley became family, she mourned with them when Evelyn died and grew along side them. Hayley grew into a beautiful young woman, finally falling in love with the youngest Dutton, Kayce. Falling in love with every part of him the good and the bad, as he had with her.

But it all changed when Hayley disappeared, she never came back. Breaking the Dutton family into five pieces. Lee, shut love out completely. Jamie turned to work for a distraction. Beth became more of a bitch than ever. John turned on his children becoming someone obsessed with being the best. And Kayce, Kayce left, closing himself off from everyone he loved.