Chapter 5 Bound to You

Sweat glimmered on Aemond's skin as he finished the morning training, which he had indulged himself into for the past six years. With a swift transition, he struck Aegon down once again effortlessly. As Aegon pantsed on the ground, Aemond rearranged his sword in the weaponry ignoring his brother's complaints about how hard he went on him.

"Leaving so soon?" grinned Aegon, "Thought you'd never be done finishing me off before noon."

"Mother requires my presence," said Aemond detachedly, quickly directing himself to the exit of the training yard to avoid Aegon's further taunting.

His usual well-arranged long silver hair dripped with sweat as he paced through the Red Keep. With his body still radiating heat from the training, his mind wandering to his later encounter with the doe-eyed Lannister, who was accompanying his mother, only exacerbated the race of his heart beat. Aemond dithered at his memory of her, yet he loathed this uncertain sentiment boiling in his stomach.

Arriving in his chamber, he indulged in an ice bath. The freezing water calmed down his boiling thoughts mixed with desire and lust: desire for the entitlement he would claim from her, the lust of possessing her body and soul. As the piercing coldness penetrated his skin, Aemond's mind returned to its proper state.

As he retreated from the bath, he put on his eye-patch covering the sapphire in his lost eye, his silver hair once again straightened, silky and glimmering again.

A few moments ago, he was a man obsessed, a dragon consumed by fire of desire and greed. Now, dressed in a fresh and fine leathery black suit, he was again a prince, and he would not have it otherwise.

——————————————————————-

"Has the Princess corresponded all these years, my dear?" Alicent asked softly, sipping her tea daintily, her eyes subtly glazing Katherine's expression.

"The Princess had sent her congratulations on my 14th name day," Katherine smiled, her hands meticulously preparing the tea.

Testing my allegiance, again, Katherine thought. Despite all her hatred towards her family, they had one thing in common with them: the Lannisters will always do what's best for the Lannisters; Katherine will always choose what's best for herself.

"I was honoured and touched by the Princess' kind words, the fact that she holds dear our memory together after all these years, just as I was overjoyed by your invitation, your grace," Katherine lowered her eyes as she smiled shyly. This was her intention. To appear simple and naive, easily influenced by kindness. The last time Alicent saw her, she saw her in her youngest and purest form, and Katherine intends to keep it that way.

"Mother," the voice that resonated in Katherine's mind repeatedly in the previous night interrupted her thoughts, "lady Katherine," the prince nodded courteously, as his eye held her in their mysterious grip, causing Katherine's lips twisting into an unnoticeable smile.

"My prince," Katherine's eyes widened in surprise as he walked straight towards her and offered his arm.

Alicent raised brows at her son's unusual behavior, "Aemond, may I have a word?"

Katherine tactfully turned her head as the mother whispered something into the prince's ears.

"My dear," Alicent held Katherine's hands as she spoke again, "I wish that you will find home in King's Landing. Aemond, why don't you show Lady Katherine to your father's model of Old Valyria," the queen turned to smile towards Katherine.
King Viserys was glad to let you, a curious young woman like you keen on history, to witness his creation."

Aemond's breath quickened and hesitated momentarily at the mention of his father's antique before accepting his mother's request.

The path to Viserys' chamber was quiet between the two young nobilities. Katherine, once again, sensed the slight discomfort of the prince's demeanour. She could feel his gaze lingering on her features in a subtle yet hungry way despite the awkward silence, causing her cheeks turning rosy pink.