Hardwork & Nervousness

I saw her figure halting back and forth across the room. "Come on we've prepared enough. You have great speaking skills and if anything goes wrong in the device I will manage. Have some confidence." I said to give her the words she needed.

"No matter how much hardwork I invest in my projects,I am always nervous at the dead end." She replied back while I offered her a glass of water.

It was the audition round,the school's spectators were finding the most finest and the best of the best group of students among us to send as the representatives of our schools. Days hardwork would have been spoiled if we didn't even cleared the school's round.

"Next up,Kim Doyoung and Park Haewon." The lady who came out of the green room yelled slightly,to indicate her presence.

We both nodded at each other's direction,stood up and walked towards the green room.

"Good afternoon students,you may start." He said and moved his pen's tip slightly at us indicating for us to start.

The faculty's assistant brought the model and I began. "Good afternoon Sir and Ma'am. I am Kim Doyoung..." I trailed off my sentence waiting for the completion.

"And I am Park Haewon. We are here to represent our school—Apgujeong High school." She completed with a polite smile plastered over her face. The pre-nervousness vanishing in an instant.

"We have shaped our ideas for the disabled one,the blinds. Apart from the braille system,they still feel discomfort in their lives." I continued again.

"However,the braille system still acts as blessing for the disabled. Introduced by Louis Braille,a french educator who was blind himself. It is a tactile way of writing where the sheet or any source have raised dots made on it to indicate the sentence or word." She stated and I admired how she spoke with the most flawless tone,accurate pronunciation and the desired accent. A proud grin plastered across my face while I faced back the judges.

"Yet we think that they still lack alot. So we have framed our ideas into a hardware." I spoke again just like the usual.

And so on our explanation continued.

A bell clinked indicating it was the time to end the elaboration round. "It's time for query round." The assistant next to the judges spoke and we stood sternly waiting for the judges to inquire.

"Miss Park and Mr. Kim your idea is actually great,but don't you think your main model is very.
..very complex? Its not tactile. Its not easy to carry such a huge spectacles." He inquired.

"Thanks for the question Sir,we have limited knowledge and limited resources but we think that if this idea comes in the eyes of the professionals with the best equipments and resources then we think that it will become portable. My partner here,actually has framed a design for that as well." She replied back and I looked back at the judges who jotted something on the sheet kept infront of him.

"Since its not only a single model its a kit with various small pieces what else do you think you can add in it?" He inquired again,she turned towards me signalling me to begin.

"Just like my co-partner said,we have limited knowledge,but we think many new things and equipments can be built for them like a watch based on braille system." I answered back.

"Hmm...well okay thank you for your words Miss Park and Mr Kim you may leave as of now results will be announced later." He said,we both nodded and walked out of the room with a grin plastered all over our face.

"We did great. I am so satisfied." She squeaked lightly while I just smiled back,sitting next to her.

We both pulled out our phones to engage the time we are wasting in something else.

▪︎~▪︎~▪︎~▪︎

Haewon:
Guys we came back from our audition and we did so cool man.

Aaron:
Okay we don't care

Riana:
Since its a blind kit. I was wondering somthing.

Aaron:
What your mind is wondering

Riana:
What do the blind people do when they feel the urge to watch porn?

Haewon:
AHAHAHAHAH WHAT

Riana:
HEY HEY DON'T LAUGH.

Aaron:
Thats a valid question
Poor little fellas :(

▪︎~▪︎~▪︎~▪︎~▪︎

I observed how her lips which usually displayed a blank expression were curved up in a smile,as she typed some words in her phone.

"Your boyfriend?" I asked making her turn to my direction,she shook her head vigorously and said "no no , its my friends." I nodded at her response.

"All the candidates,please enter the green room,Sir wants to announce the selected ones." The lady who previously accompained us to the presentation called out in the waiting area.

All of us reached in the room and stood in a queue. "It was good to see everyone's effort in this field,some projects were outstanding while the rest seemed kid's play. It was clearly stated that it should be something that is beneficial for the society. Proving double displacement reaction is not a science project. While some ideas were way too innovative and I am amazed by them."

Each of us glanced at each other in pure nervousness. "Okay since there will only be five groups sent from our school then those are of...Kang Sujin and Junseo Park,Bang Yedam and Park Chaewon,Hong Chenle and Huang Renjun,Park Haewon and Kim Doyoung And last but not least Lee Dong-hyuk and Lee Jeno."

Both of us looked at each other with a proud smile,we bowed to the spectator who soon left.

"Woah that was completely unexpected." I said sarcastically and she just laughed it off. "Well congratulations then." She said and I returned the same words back to her.

She looked at the watch and said "My bus will arrive soon I've to leave." She said and turned around in a hurried form.

"Wait!" I yelled back and held her wrist slightly to stop her from walking away. She yanked my hand away harsly.

"I don't like it when people touch me for no absolute reason."

▪︎~▪︎~▪︎~▪︎

Eheheh update after a long time. Anyways my intend here was not to harm sentiments of any disabled person. If you felt offened by my words,I am sorry I didnt mean it.

Anyways see ya