I made my way into the small village of Berks Kingdom, a neighboring kingdom that was on good terms with mine before it no longer existed. I traded my jewelry for food and clothes that wouldn't draw too much attention. The village was big enough that there was a blacksmith that resided deep into the village; that's where I needed to go.

I offered the rest of my jewelry as payment to have Jooyeon's sword melted down to be welded into something I could use. The birth of the throwing knives I would hold very dear from his sword. After spending a couple of days in the village I was famished and sleep-deprived when a man approached me asking me to go with him. I was not in the mood to deal with anyone, all I wanted to do was eat and fall into a coma for the next three years, anyways he looked shady so with my best judgment I refused, instead, I was aggressively pulled into a dingy and dim alleyway; no one could see us and the fogginess that once took over my mind vanished and panic invaded my senses.

Just like I had done with Seungmin a few nights prior I would make him let go of me. I grabbed my knife from the inside of my cloak and cut the man's arm as deep as I could with it before knocking him off of his feet by kicking the back of his leg. He was now on the ground in the narrow alleyway he dragged me into. My foot was on his chest and I held my knife to his throat. One wrong move and I would cut through his jugular, instantly killing him. I expected him to be scared and maybe drawback, but instead, he wore a nonchalant expression and that confused me.

"Woah easy there. Why don't you remove the knife and come with me." He was cocky and he cocked a brow, it disappeared behind his shaggy brown hair. With everything that had happened these past few days, I wasn't in the mood to deal with him.

"Why should I?" I seethed through gritted teeth. My brows were furrowed and my breath came hard and fast, the rise and fall of my chest evident of that. A sly smile made its way to his face. He didn't even notice him moving his hand to push my leg, causing me to lose my balance. He then snatched my knife from my grip and grabbed me by my throat and the next thing I knew I was now on the ground with my blade tracing the side of my face. Slow and hardly any pressure being applied.

"This is why. I like you, come with me." He snickered and got off of me dusting the dirt that had gotten on his pants and began to walk away. I sat up, stunned. I looked down at my hands before a clang on the ground caught my attention. I looked up to see he had thrown my knife and it landed by me. With no hesitation, I grabbed it and strapped it back to my leg underneath my dress.

He turned to look at me before walking back and offering his hand. The crimson liquid ran down his forearm. Did it not hurt him?

"I'm Gunil and I think you have potential, so that's why you should come with me. I'm sure you haven't eaten in a while, have you?" There he went being cocky as he eyed me. I took hold of his hand cautiously and followed behind him.

"But, what about your arm?" I felt regret run through me. He stopped walking momentarily and looked down at the damage I had done. He chuckled before tearing the bottom of his shirt and using it to wrap his arm.

"I didn't even realize." He smiled warmly at me before continuing.

We walked down the alley until we hit a secret doorway in the brick of the building. What is it with secret doors?

Gunil opened the door with ease and he led me into a small room that looked to be a storage room of some kind, but there was still enough room for a round table big enough for two set up in the middle and a small cot in the far corner.

"Please have a seat while I prepare some food for you," he said, as he swiftly disappeared through a doorway covered by a tattered brown blanket that served as a makeshift curtain. I didn't have a chance to reply or object, but I appreciated his hospitality nonetheless. I sat at the table and waited silently for Gunil to return.