Little Dark Age

"Oh-oh, forgiving who you are, for what you stand to gain

Just know that if you hide, it dosent go away."

~¥~
Wanda Maximoff
Avengers Compound

"Is that paprikash?" Wanda asked as she walked into the kitchen.

I thought it might . . . lift your spirits." Vision responded. She chuckled, and stirred the ingredients in the pan with a spoon. She lifted the spoon to her lips, blew and had a taste. She smiled, "Spirits lifted."

"In my defense, I haven't actually ever . . . eaten anything before, so . . ." Vision said, pauses between his speech. "May I?" Wanda asked.

"Please." Vision said, walking out of the kitchen and leaning against a pillar. "Wanda?"

"Hmm?"

"No one dislikes you, Wanda." Vision said, seemingly out of nowhere. She frowned curiously, "Thanks."

"Oh, you're welcome. No, it's a . . . involuntary response in their amygdala. They can't help but be afraid of you." Vision explained.

"Are you?" Wanda asked

"My amygdala is synthetic, so . . ."

Wanda laughed, "Well Destiny's isn't." She said, suddenly frowning once more. "I don't believe so." Vision said.

Wanda perked her head up from the pot, "I do not think she agrees with the accords, but she believes they are necessary to retain this new life of hers." Vision explained his theory of Destiny's views on the accords.

"I used to think of myself one way. But after this," Her fingers glowed, "I am something else. I'm still me, I think, but . . . that's not what everyone else sees." Wanda said.

Vision touched the Mind Stone in his forehead, "Do you know, I don't know what this is?" The stone began glowing, "Not really. I know it's not of this world, that it powered Loki's staff, gave you your abilities, but . . . its true nature is a mystery. And yet, it is part of me." Vision said, attempting to relate to her.

"Are you afraid of it?"

"I wish to understand it. The more I do, the less it controls me. One day . . . who knows? I may even control it." Vision answered.

Wanda looked at the food, "I don't know what's in this but it is not paprika. I'm gonna go to the store. I'll be back in 20 minutes." Wanda said preparing to leave.

"Alternatively, we could order a pizza?" Vision proposed. "Vision, are you not letting me leave?" Wanda asked suspiciously.

Vision blocked her way. "It is a question of safety."

"I can protect myself." She said, trying to move past him. He held his arm out in front of her, "Not yours. Mr. Stark would like to avoid the possibility of another public incident. Until the Accords are on a . . . more secured foundation." Vision answered.

"And what do you want?" She asked, looking at him gravely.

"For people to see you . . . as she does."