[Dreadnought's Wrath]

(Thanks to Sabaton for the inspiration!)

Topic: Battle of Jutland/
Skagerrakschlacht
Characters: Royal Navy, Britain, Kaiserliche Marine (Imperial German Navy)
Warning: War, drowning.

Before you read:
Flagship = The ship that the Admiral is in.
Port side = The left side of the ship
Starboard side = The right side of the ship
Hochseeflotte = High Seas Fleet
HMS = His/Her Majesty ships
SMS = Seine Majestät Schiffe

And in my headcanons, navy personifications can teleport between ships and ports.

Enjoy!

--------------------------------

British Admiralty, Room 40

| May 28, 1916.

The room is filled with tension as naval officers pore over intelligence reports and encrypted messages. Maps and charts cover the walls, displaying the vast expanse of the North Sea.

Great Britain, a seasoned and resolute leader, stands at the head of the table, studying a decrypted message that had just arrived. His brow furrows as he realizes its significance.

He had obtained a copy of the main German codebook from the light cruiser SMS Magdeburg, which had been boarded by the Imperial Russian Navy, after the cruiser ran aground in Russian territorial waters in 1914.

It was evident that the German fleet was sailing in the North Sea. More messages were intercepted, though Britain didn't decrypt it. it was already clear that a major operation was very likely.

May the 30th, at noon, Royal Navy was called into Britain's unnecessarily grandeur office. Royal Navy was skeptical, not aware of the weight of the situation, stood there at attention, wondering what could possibly be so important, since Royal Navy hasn't got any major tasks so far.

"Royal Navy." Britain began, his voice serious, and laced with authority and professionalism. "I had decoded Kaiserliche Marine's signal, and the result was... Unexpected."

Royal Navy tilted his head to the side in confusion. Unexpected? So, does this finally mean that he could unleash his full potential of the Grand Fleet?

"Apologies, what do you mean by unexpected?"

Britain let out a heavy sigh and stood up. He grabbed the folder that lay on his desk, and walked to Royal Navy. "I found this." Britain said, handing over one of the paper from the folder.

It said, '31 May G.G.2490.'

Royal Navy narrowed his eyes as he tried to think of the possibilities of the meaning, "What could this possibly mean?" He asked, looking up at Britain.

"Well I'm not sure either, but it seems that the Hochseeflotte is preparing to sail tomorrow..." Britain murmured, his cyan eyes mirroring his worry and concern.

"So what do you need me to do, Britain?" Royal Navy asked, still overwhelmed by the thought of the Kaiserliche Marine finally taking a significant action in this war. Then, Royal Navy would be able to display the mighty Royal Navy's Dreadnought!

"Well," Britain walked back to his desk, putting the folder down with a thud, Britain sat down, and steepled his fingers. "I need you to send out the Grand Fleet to head off any attempt by Kaiserliche Marine to enter the Baltic, or North Atlantic through Skagerrak."