"Tower Thief"

Project [REDACTED] Prelude

Profile - Swift-2 / Wren

File Name - Tower Thief

————————————————————————

He probably shouldn't have stolen the sidearm from Banshee's Armory.

He really got Tower Security riled up this time. Now he was being chased by a couple of Guardians. He knew he was a troublemaker for the security, but THIS much? He must've been giving a certain Exo a lot of paperwork on her desk. Normally it would just be regular security trying to chase him down, but this time it was the Lightbearers sent out to catch the Tower Thief.

"Maybe this was a bad decision, but boy is this a nice gun." Wren thought to himself.

The Guardians might've had enhanced abilities, but Wren was crafty, and he had speed. Guardians could catch most lightless humans in a matter of seconds, but not Wren. Wren was quick and shifty.

He had managed to escape down from the Tower and was now running rampant through the City streets, ducking and weaving through markets and crowds of people. The Dawning always had more people out and about, but it gave Wren an advantage, the ability to blend in.

Wren maneuvered his way over to a nearby bakery. A fresh batch of Dawning themed cookies were being made for passing Guardians, the perfect time to be chased by them. Wren slithered his way through the crowd and past the bakery as a Hunter and Titan turned the corner. The two scanned the crowd looking for any sign of their thief. The Titan helped move bystanders out of the way while the Hunter surveyed the large group of people. Just then the two Guardians were bombarded with gifts. All sorts of pastries and cookies were handed over to them. It was almost too many to carry. Wren turned to look and and smirked for a moment before turning back around and scurrying off to the edge of the City.

That's when the Hunter spotted him.

He quickly pawned off his gifts to the Titan. "Sorry..." the Hunter said as he almost over encumbered the Titan with metal tins of cookies.
Wren saw the approaching Hunter and turned to a full sprint. The Guardian quickly pursued.

The Hunter was a good 30 yards behind Wren but was slowly catching up. Wren turned a corner into an alleyway with a dead end ahead of him. He quickly spotted an apartment window railing just low enough for him to reach. He jumped onto the side of the wall and propelled himself onto the railing as he swung up and over the wall. He landed on the ground and rolled straight back into full stride. The Hunter double jumped the wall and continued to follow closely behind.

Wren was beginning to make some separation until he hit another dead end. No railing to vault the wall with, just the Guardian behind him.
Wren slowed down to a halt and turned around with a frustrated sigh.
He was breathing heavy and was beginning to tire out anyway. The Hunter turned the corner and stopped. He placed his hands on his knees, sucking in air. Even the Guardian was out of breath from chasing him down. Wren prepared himself for whatever lecture and punishment he was about to receive from the Guardian. Instead the Hunter looked up at him and asked in a sarcastic manner, "Why are you so fast?"

Wren looked at him with a puzzled expression, then shrugged at him. "I kinda have to be with you guys chasing me."

The Hunter placed his hands on his hips and thought for a moment, giving him time to catch his breath. Wren did the same. The Hunter then nodded his chin up at the young thief and asked, "You live at the edge of the City?"

Wren dipped his head down and replied, "Yeah, yeah I do."

The Guardian took off his helmet to reveal an Exo with a black carbon fiber frame with two antennas and yellow eyes. The Hunter approached Wren and put his hand on his shoulder.

"Look kid, I get it. It's dangerous out there. But if you need something. just ask ok? If you're good enough to sneak into the Tower in the first place I'm pretty sure Banshee would be willing to help you out."

Wren was confused. This was the last thing he ever expected to hear after all the stunts he'd pulled. The Sniper Rifle, the Braytech gear, he'd expected to be fully reprimanded.

"Got a name?" The Exo asked.

"Wren."

"Well Wren, try not to cause any more paperwork. But if you have to, just don't get caught next time." The Exo gave Wren a wink. Just then the Hunter noticed the knives on Wren's belt.

"Are those... Cayde's?" The Exo asked.

Wren paused for a second and gave the Hunter a sly look, "Maybe..."

The Exo chuckled, "You cheeky little thief, I haven't seen a Hunter even dare to do that."

"Well they are just kinda sitting there on his workbench" Wren gave the
Hunter another shrug.

"I like you kid. You've got some guts to pull something like that."

The Exo gave a casual salute before departing. "Good luck out there kid."

Just before the Hunter turned to leave Wren asked, "And who do l ask for if I want to come by the Tower for a visit?"

The Exo turned and placed his helmet back on, "The name's Nova-6."

Wren nodded as Nova dashed his way back towards where he'd left his
Titan companion as Wren walked back to the edge of the Last City.