Chapter 1

Help! Help! I heard a voice yell behind me.

I immediately turned my back and looked out for anyone.

I didnt see anyone. It was maybe in my head. When I turned around, some girl stood in front of me. She had long blonde hair, and she was soaking wet. She looked at me. Her eyes were swollen and red. It was kind of creepy. She looked terrified. Like she was scared, and someone was chasing her.

Marianne? Is that you? The girl said.

I was confused. My name was Ryanne so I didnt quite understand. Maybe I looked like a girl named Marianne? She walked towards me and gave me a hug. At that moment, I felt scared. More than ever. I pulled her off me and pushed aside. I ran the fastest I could. I ran and ran until I was out of breath. I turned my back to see if she was following me. I didnt see anyone. I heard a voice right in front of me. I slowly turned back around, and there she stood.

Why were you running Marianne? Are you scared? The girl said while tilting her head.

I backed away and ran for my life. I didnt know where I was, I just ran.

I ran miles and miles, until I met an old lady.

Hello young lady. You should not be out this late! The old lady said.

I know, but I dont know where I am and there is this girl who keeps calling me Marianne..She is so creepy.

The old lady looked at me with a weird face.

M-marianne? My name is Marianne She said,

I looked at her with fear in my eyes.

That girl.. Had she long blonde hair? The old lady asked curiously.

Y-yes..She was also soaking wet and swollen red eyes.

That sounds like her You need to stay away from her. Her parents died when she was young. I was the only one she had left, and one day she just disappeared. She has been dead for many many years. The old lady said.

I was absolutely terrified. I couldnt believe my ears. It didnt make any sense at all!

Her name is Leanie. She was nine years old when she died. I was only a teenager. I was about 17 years old. Now I am over 60! I dont quite remember much, but I was the only one she had left. The old lady said while she had tears swelling in her eyes.

I looked up her name on my phone. Her full name was Leanie Izabell Smith.

She looked so beautiful before she died! Long blonde hair, pink dress and always had bows in her hair. There was an article about her.

Leanie Izabell Smith was found dead in the woods near the Raynham hall in England. We think its a suicide. Her neck was hanging from a rope tied to a very tall tree. Leanie was an absolutely beautiful girl. Rest in peace Leanie Izabell Smith.

It was actually true. She died in 1955. She had been dead for 68 years!

But how Has she been a ghost for 68 years? That is actually kind of sad.

I turned off my phone, and looked at the old lady. She had tears swelling up in her eyes. I saw she tried holding her tears back, but she nearly broke down. Then I heard a car pull up, and a man stepped out of the car.