Pin wiped the tears from my face...

With his thumbs, smiling softly at me. After he'd walked with me up to his room and closed the door, I scrubbed at my face, immediately feeling silly, pulling a face that Pin chuckled at.

"Do you want to talk about it? Or I can just sit with you?" He plopped onto his bed, patting the space near him.

"I dunno." I shrugged, feeling tired. I climbed up next to him, absently laying my head in his lap. Pin wasted not a moment before combing his fingers through my hair, gently working through the tangles.

"I'm really happy for him." I said, taking a long breath.

"I know, Lu."

"I just-" I sighed heavily, "it's different. I mean, duh it's different, I just don't like it." Pin laughed, knowingly. 

"That's okay. That is a reasonable thing to feel." Pin said. I huffed, clearing my throat. 

"You think he'll visit right? Or we could go visit?" My boyfriend nodded, reassuringly. 

"I'm sure that can be arranged." I nodded, content with his answer. After a while of silence, Pin sat up straighter. 

"I know what will cheer you up." He said, going to stand up. 

"What?" I asked, lazily not moving. 

"Well, you have to get up to come see." He teased. I groaned dramatically, sitting up. 

"Fine, fine, fine." I laughed as Pin grabbed my hand, whisking us down the stairs. I had a feeling I knew what Pin's idea was but I was enthusiastically trailing behind him nonetheless. 

"Are we going to see Elvis?" I asked, in the manner of a stuffy detective. Pin, humorously matched my response.

"Why yes. Yes we are." 

"Yay!" I cheered, bouncing around. Elvis seemed to have heard us approaching and greeted us at the thin fence between us. 

"If I didn't know any better, I'd say you like him more than me." Pin sighed, feigning agony but I was too busy fussing over Elvis to notice. In my defense, I hadn't seem him in like... 48 hours. 

"What?" I called back, without looking.

"My point exactly." 

~

Pin led Elvis to the beach, securing his reins. I had busied myself with finding rocks. Pin laughed when he caught up to me. 

"Ellis will scold me if I let you bring any more rocks into the house." He teased, while still graciously taking the rocks I found to hold for me. 

"I like rocks!" I defended. 

"Really, I hadn't noticed." 

"Har har. Here, hold this, please?" I asked, handing off more. 

"I should've brought a bag." Pin mused. 

"So, Holloway," I started with absolutely no segue, "how is it? What is it like? Are the people there as stuffy as we always thought? And what are the stables like? Are they like... state of the art?" I fired off questions, desperately curious to know what it was like. 

Pin laughed at the round of questions, "It's nice. Some people are a little stuffy but some are alright. The stables are nice, certainly more state of the art than Bright Fields." I smiled back at him. 

"I like the uniforms." I said. 

"Yeah?" 

"Well, I like you in the uniform." I admitted, face warming just a bit. I relished in Pin's bashful look. 

"Oh, who was that girl that was there when you were? She looks new, I don't think I've seen her around." I asked. 

"Gabby. She is new. I don't know her well." Pin replied. 

"Cool." I replied, squatting down to examine more rocks. "Are you excited?" I probed. 

"For what? For Holloway?" Pin asked. I nodded. 

"Mmhmm."

"Yeah, I mean, it will be nice to train. Little less nice to compete against my girlfriend." I rolled my eyes, smiling. 

"Oh please, I'm not even on the competing team! I'll be there to help Bob win dressage and to cheer equally for both teams." I assured. 

"I'm sure Mia will be thrilled." Pin muttered. 

"Mia can worry about herself." I decided, "I mean, she usually does anyway." There was still a ghostly hint of doubt on Pin's face. 

"I'm serious, Pin. This is going to be amazing and I am so excited for you." I urged him to look at me, to settle in reassurance. "And I'll keep reminding you of how proud I am." 

His shoulders relaxed a little, to my relief, and he flashed a small smile back at me. 

"Thanks, Lu." 

~

this chapter is a mess oof. 1. so sorry for falling off the planet for a few months 2. sorry this chapter is less than subpar. most certainly a filler. hopefully update soon. don't forget to like/comment/share. word count: 766