Chapter 17~ A Comforting Talk

Alastor POV-

I was sleeping until I woke up to the sound of a door open and close and then quiet footsteps. I got out of bed and quietly opened my door and looked out to see who was there. I didn't see anyone so I decided to go look downstairs. When I got downstairs I saw a light in the kitchen and decided to go check it out. When I was about to open the door I could hear some quiet sniffles and then opened the door. I saw Y/N sitting down and she looked at me and I saw that it looked like she had been crying. We stared at each other until I closed the door and went to her. I grabbed a chair and sat down in it and looked at her. I could see fear in her eyes and she looked a little anxious as well. "Are you okay Y/N," I asked her with concern in my voice. "Yeah I'm fine," she said her voice cracking a bit from her trying not to cry. She could tell that I wasn't buying it and she sighed sadly and laid her head on the counter. I did the same and continued to look at her.

She looked at me before finally saying, "No." There was sadness in her voice and she looked like she was trying not to cry in front of me. "Do you want to tell me what's wrong," I asked her. She did a small nod and put her head back and took a sip of water. I sat up too and she put the water down and turned to me and looked at me. She then began to tell me about a nightmare she had and she looked like she was trying so hard not to cry. Once she finished she couldn't hold it in anymore and began to have tears go down her eyes. I pulled her into a hug and she hesitantly hugged me back crying on my chest. (BTW Alastor is wearing pajama shirt and pants.) I slowly began to rub her back and I could feel her clam down a bit while I was doing so. We stopped hugging and I looked at her. "You know," I said getting her attention and had her look at me before continuing, "'Trauma happens when any experience stuns us like a bolt out of the blue; it overwhelms us, leaving us altered and disconnected'."

She looked at me and then a small smile appeared on her face and she quietly chuckled which confused me. "That quote is from Peter A. Levine isn't it," she asked me after she stopped chuckling. "Yeah but it's true," I told her. My smile widened a bit when I saw her smile because it makes me feel better when she actually smiles. She looked at me and got up and I did the same. She snapped her fingers and her cup was instantly cleaned and was teleported back to it's place along with the chairs we sat in. We both left the kitchen after turning off the light and went back up the stairs. We went to our rooms and I was about to go in until I saw Y/N just standing in front of her door. I looked at her concerned and she looked at me. "Can... Can I sleep with you tonight," she asked me hesitantly. I blushed a bit when she asked me that and then looked at her seeing that she was waiting for my answer. "Yes you can," I told her and opened my door to let her walk in. She walked in and so did I closing the door behind me.

I turned around and saw her sitting on my bed and I went to her. I lied down on my bed and she did the same. I grabbed her with my arms and pulled her closer to me and I pulled the blanket over us. "Hey Alastor," Y/N whispered to me. "Yeah," I asked her back whispering as well. "Thank you for what you did I appreciate it," she told me. "Of course I would do that every time you had a nightmare," I replied. "Night Al," she told me. I looked at her and gave her a kiss on her forehead before saying, "Goodnight."

To be continued...

A/N- I'm tired