[4]

The next day flew by again. Everyone was distressed. Knife still didn't want to go out, and Trophy was too frustrated. They didn't want to deal with them anymore, it was clearly pissing both of them off. Since they both didn't want to go out, they decided to do it together instead of arguing.. again. Trophy dressed up beautifully again, wearing his varsity jacket like usual. Knife was surprised he could still pull off an outfit, despite being a total mess yesterday. They both walked to the nearby drug store, jaywalking across the street.

——

When they walked in, the door jingled a little bell. The cashier looked up at them sternly, mumbling something under their breath before looking back at the newspaper they were reading. The cashier was tall and lanky. They wore a cap that had the drug store name, 'Buckets For Bunch' sewed onto it. The only reason why they named it 'Buckets For Bunch' was because they sold buckets of beers, they had a whole aisle for it. They wore the store's uniform, which was a regular brown apron. It had their name tag on the side of it, which said 'Paintbrush'. They had black baggy pants and a white Raghu shirt underneath their apron. Their hair was messy, it was like they didn't even bother to brush it anymore. Paintbrush blew a cigarette, which made the whole store stink with weed.

     The store looked practically empty, the only thing left were the plastic cheap toys that were for twenty-five cents each and a few buckets, no beers. Knife raised an eyebrow, turning to the cashier.

     "Uhm, where is everythin'?" Knife asked, looking at Paintbrush expectedly.

     They looked up from their newspaper, "Stolen." They answered blandly, "Wasn't prepared for it."
They squinted their eyes as they looked at Trophy and Knife carefully. "You seem like the kind of people who would steal.." Paintbrush muttered, slowly getting out their shotgun.

     They both raised their hands quickly, "Now, now, you don't wanna kill some innocent people, right?" Trophy said, smiling nervously.

     "How would I know you're innocent?" Paintbrush spat, aiming their gun at them.

     The boys didn't respond, they didn't know what to do at this point. This only made Paintbrush frown further, glaring at them.

     All of the sudden, a slam came from the back door. A girl with bright blonde hair barged in, carrying large boxes. She wore almost the same uniform as Paintbrush, but instead, she wore a skirt. She didn't have an apron on like Paintbrush, but she wore the shirt instead. The logo was huge on her shirt. She had a sewed beanie on top of her head, with the logo on it as well. It was like she was one of those little kids who would buy all of the merchandise of their favorite band. The skirt was a fluffy one, it had ruffles at the bottom of it. It was sorta tan, but darker. She had short curly hair, with a few bright hair clips on them. She had stickers on both of her cheeks, stars, smiley faces, hearts, anything colorful.

     "The truck came in late again.." She muttered, setting the boxes down beside the cashier. When she raised her head up, she realized that Paintbrush had their gun out again. "Painty! What did I tell you 'bout bringing your gun out?" The girl scolded, snatching away the shotgun from Paintbrush.

     Paintbrush scoffed angrily, "I wasn't gonna do anythin'." They muttered, crossing their arms against their chest.

     Trophy and Knife looked at them in bewilderment, "What do you mean you weren't gonna do anythin'?! You threatened us with your gun just because you thought we were robbers!" Trophy argued, pointing a finger accusingly at Paintbrush.

     Paintbrush glared at him, "Put your goddamn finger down." They spat, lowering Trophy's hand.

     Knife knew what Trophy was going to say next, but he was too late to stop him. "Make me." Trophy said mischievously, grinning slyly.