𝐏𝐑𝐎𝐋𝐎𝐔𝐆𝐄

Riley always though it would just be her and her mom against the world. Her mom would sit down every night and brush her long brown hair and hope that she could give her daughter everything she wanted.

When Riley was 8, her mother knew it was time for them to talk. Whatever Riley thought her mom was going to say to her was far, far from what she had told her. She sat her down and explained that she would be going to a summer camp this year because she was 'special'. She explained what she could in a way her 8 year old would understand and hope that Chiron could do the rest. They drove down through New York and down to Long Island and Rileys mom ushered her through the line of trees and told her to go down to the large house by the hill. As Riley walked down the hill toward the house, her mother prayed that Chiron would know what to do with her for the summer, to teacher her better than she had.

Chiron had taught Riley everything she could possibly need to know and made her watch a long introductory video. Riley couldn't keep still while watching the video, she kept moving around and fidgeting. After learning that she was a demigod, a term she had never heard before, Chiron showed her around the camp and introduced her to a little girl about her age that had arrived the day before. As soon as Riley saw her, she knew they were going to be good friends. Riley could always tell when people were genuine and willing to help, and Annabeth Chase fit both of those categories.

After becoming friends with Annabeth, Chiron showed Riley to the Hermes cabin, the cabin she would stay in until she was claimed by her father. When Riley stepped inside the cabin Riley hoped she would claimed soon. She didn't like being in rooms with tons of people and the Hermes cabin was so full, there weren't enough bunks for everyone and most kids were sleeping on the floor. Please let me get claimed soon she thought to herself this cabin is way to crowded for my liking. A boy, who Chiron said was named Luke and head counselor of the cabin, walked over and started talking to Chiron.

"Hey, afternoon. I'm Luke and this is the cabin you'll stay in until you get claimed. I made some room for you to set down a sleeping bag over there in that corner." He pointed the far corner of the cabin and Riley was relived to see that that was one of the least crowded spots in the cabin.

"Thanks Luke," Chiron spoke from behind Riley, sounding tired "I have to get back to the Big House, can you show Riley here around to the rest of the cabins and make sure she gets to dinner safely?"

"Of course, you sound tired. Make sure you get some rest." Luke flashed a smile at Chiron and waved to him as he trotted away. Luke looked over at Riley and led her outside to show her the other cabins. There were a few handfuls of kids outside, walking and talking to their friends. A couple kids turned to look at Riley and the ones that spared her more than a quick glance notice a glowing yellow circle above her head. Luke turned back to look at the girl and stopped walking as well. Riley looked around confused, looking at the kids staring above her head. She heard a few kids whispering with their friends.

"Another child of Apollo, when will I have another sibling." Came from a kid outside of the Athena cabin that Luke just showed her. Riley tilted her head back to look above her head and saw a glowing circle floating above her head. She already kinda spooked from everyone staring at her, and this thing above her head didn't help.

"What is that?" She asked out loud, not really directed at anyone particular. She heard her new friends voice answer her question, "You've been claimed by Apollo." Annabeth said while peaking her head out of the Athena cabin.

"Does that mean he's my dad?" Riley was still confused 1, how was the thing above her head and 2, how was she part god?

"Yes, it does." Luke answered before Annabeth could. "I'll show you to the Apollo cabin, Lee Fletcher is the counselor so he will show you around the cabin and tell you when mealtimes are." Luke and Riley walked to the Apollo cabin and Luke waved as he left.

.¸.•*'•.¸¸.•* .¸.•*'•.¸¸.•*.¸.•*'•.¸¸.•*

At the end of the summer, Riley's mother came to pick her up. She couldn't wait to tell her mom all about how well she had gotten at archery and all her favorite activities. Riley never wanted to leave but her mom made her continue to go to school until she was at least 10 until she could stay all year. During the non-summer months she would take self-paced classes in each of the 4 core subjects and Riley couldn't be happier. She would write letters to her mom every other week filling her in on everything going on in her life and would go visit her mom during the holidays.

Camp would always be her safe place where she could learn and do what she wanted to. On the weekdays she would learn how to help in the infirmary like her siblings and learn to control her abilities of healing which she wasn't really good at. Riley wished things would never change but, of course, they did.

After the camp's annual trip to Mount Olympus, the weather was off. There was a lot more thunderstorms and flood warnings. Riley wasn't a camp counselor so she could go with them, she had no idea what was going on. There was talk of something being missing and a deadline of the summer solstice but nothing made sense to Riley. She couldn't be more confused.

★ ° . *   ° . °☆  . * ● ¸
.    ★  ° :. ★  * • ○ ° ★
.  *  .       .
°  . ● . ★ ° . *   ° . °☆
 . * ● ¸ .    ★  ° :●.   *
• ○ ° ★  .  *  .       .
  °  . ● . ★ ° . *   ° .
°☆  . * ● ¸ .    ★
° :.   * • ○ ° ★  .  *  .
 ★    .   °  .  .      ★
° °☆  ¸. ● .   ★ ★
° . *   ° . °☆  . * ● ¸ .
★ ° . *   ° . °☆  . * ● ¸
.    ★  ° :.   * • ○ ° ★
.  *  .   ★     ° :.☆

A/N
I hope you enjoyed the first chapter/prologue, if there are any spelling errors please correct me in the comments and any feedback is greatly appreciated. Have a good morning, afternoon, evening, or night!🫶🏻