two; redundant

"I'm the problem, it's me. At tea time, everybody agrees. I'll stare directly at the sun but never in the mirror, it must be exhausting always rooting for the anti-hero."

*   *   *   *   *

*   *   *   *   *

The smell of breakfast woke me up the next morning.

It was hard to sleep knowing that my sister and her extremely attractive fiance were in the room next to mine. I don't want to think about the amount of times I'm going to have to experience hearing them get it on.

I also didn't want to think about what happened with Atlas last night. Everything about him seemed so mysterious and intriguing, and now I know why my sister chose him.

I was almost scared to step out of my room. I could hear Atlas' calm, soothing voice from the kitchen, discussing something with my parents and Amora. I already know my presence would cause an awkward disturbance in their conversation, so I decided to stay in my room for a little longer to get ready for the day.

When I felt like nobody would notice, I quietly opened my door and slipped outside toward the back door, but my plans of nobody noticing were soon crushed as I heard my dad's voice from behind me.

"There she is. Tierra, come introduce yourself."

I turned around, trying my best not to appear disinterested at the sight of Atlas standing next to Amora, his arm draped around her waist while her body was pressed against his front.

"We've already met, dad," I state, referring to Atlas.

His eyebrows lift in shock as he stares between me and Atlas, Amora and Mom doing the same. "You and Atlas? When?"

"Last night," comes Atlas' calm voice, as our eyes meet. A repeat of shivers from last night appear all over my body. His voice was still a little gravelly from the morning, causing a pool of heat to appear between my legs, scaring the shit out of me as his blue eyes bore into mine.

No man has ever had that effect on me.

"When last night?" Amora speaks up, her eyebrows drawn down in confusion.

I focus my gaze on her, and it wasn't until now that I notice Amora and Atlas together, standing right next to each other. They look almost made for each other, both possessing godlike features that only complement each other.

I make my way to the kitchen, ignoring the stares as everyone else's attention is on me while I make myself a bowl of cereal.

"You were asleep," I say flatly, wanting to put an end to the conversation. It was clear I became an unwanted presence the minute I stepped into their view. I could see it in my mother as she looked anywhere else but at me as if I wasn't even her daughter, and Atlas as he stared at me with a bored gaze, almost as if he was waiting for me to leave.