Missions

Mephisto was wrong about Lightning stopping by she knew he'd message if we're going to do that, Sukui was getting dressed in all black not expecting a summons from the headmaster.She read it wondering why she had to come to one of the classrooms to meet the headmaster Sukui caught a glimpse of everyone inside that were classmates of hers she groaned as she entered the room.She sat at the back of the class rubbing her eyes as Yukio and Mephisto walked into the room.The headmaster announced,

"Congratulations to all those except Sukui! You all are now being promoted to exwires-You will begin accepting missions so long as you keep your grades up."

Everyone cheered so Mephisto added,

"We will all be eating out as my special treat."

Sukui raised her hand,

"Seeming as how I'm not needed, may I leave?"

Ryuji asked,

"Come celebrate with us.."

Sukui waited for Mephisto's answer,

"You may be excused this time, I'm sure you're in need of rest due to your-"

Sukui was already gone before he finished the sentence and she had to meet up with Lightning, seeing him on the patio of the restaurant he suggested they meet at.He waved his appearance hadn't changed since the day she met him,

"So I wanted to fill you in on the mission you'll be taking on.It will last a few months you'll be doing a good bit of traveling.You will still be needed here of course so you'll get a set of special keys that'll take you to designated True Cross bases here and throughout a few countries."

Lightning slid her a packet and a metal box that likely had the keys in it she flipped through the paperwork in the packet able to read everything fast looking up at her sworn brother.She let the packet drop to the table,

"So I'm taking over on missions that were designated to you?Why don't you just do them? They seem easy.."

Lightning shrugged,

"I'm busy investigating something of great importance..Hey how many times have you run into Lucifer like that? What's your relationship with the King of Light?"

Sukui answered honestly,

"I think he's got a thing for me…I have to go on a date with him but it keeps getting put off by himself. A few too many times really…Is he who your investigating."

He almost showed his eyes,

"You're pretty dang sharp…Yeah he's a shady man.. Be careful okay..Want to get something to eat?"

Sukui asked,

"Will do-Hey I think my demon side is starting to linger more visibly now, is there anything I can do to counteract that?"

Lightning crossed his arms,

"It's hard not getting emotional in certain situations so no not really. If it shows more with one specific emotion maybe try figuring out the true source of your anger.I think it's linked to your inability to grieve for the father figure you had.You really gotta work through that or learn to live with it-Oh Mephisto has something that can help you utilize your demon half on challenging missions so make sure you check your desk at home."

Sukui was lost in thought ordering some food with Lightning eating and listening to him explain what the other True Cross branches were like to help her understand what to expect.A few weeks passed by and even though Sukui's missions were easy she was pretty busy her injury from fighting Naberius had left a scar.She was also stuck having nightmares of facing off with that demon and failing to protect her friends.She was in her exorcist uniform walking through the courtyard and saw Ryuji, Konekomaru, Rin and Shima sitting together.