Chapter 9 - Giving a Helping Hand

After dealing with the two zombies on the store, the group of three quickly began to fill their backpacks and putting the new provisions on the back of Zhao Shen hummer. Of course, they didn't take all the supplies inside, Gao Ling decided it was best to left something behind in case that other survivors came after them and need something to fill their bellies.

After getting everything, they went back to the road. During their journey, they meet several level zero zombies that were easily disposed with Liu Bei wind abilities. Looking at all the zombies head on the road, Gao Ling lamented that they still haven't generated an energy core. In his previous life, after three months of the apocalypse the level zero zombies began to advance to level one, and with that the zombies also began to have abilities of their own. At the beginning, the ability cores inside a zombie head would be crystal clear. It could be used by any ability user system to enhance their powers, later on, an ability user would only advance with an ability core that match their system. As for the present, those level zero zombies didn't possess anything on their brains, so Gao Ling didn't bother to stop to check.

"Hey Bei, your wind really comes in handy. I think if we keep it up, we can arrive in thirty minutes." Zhao Shen praised his childhood body. Liu Bei wind system was more useful on long range. So the Zhao Shen with metal abilities that could only be used at closed combat was a little jealous.

"Hey help!" As the group was getting closer to the military based on G City, Gao Ling was able to hear the scream of a person. From the voice, it sounded as a woman. Naturally Zhao Shen and Liu Bei also heard it, so looking at the origin of the scream, they saw a woman around her twenties. She was looked unhurt, caring with her a bag and a golf bat with her, from the look of it, Zhao Shen could notice that the woman had used the bat to defend herself from the zombies. So besides her messy appearance the woman didn't look bad. Seeing that the woman was moving her arms trying to get their attention, the three of them hesitated. There weren't specifically unwilling to help the woman, there were just a little uncertain if it was safe to do it. It was the end of the world, who know which type of people were out there. But at the end, The three of them finally made the choice to help the woman. Zhao Shen who worked in the military had the nature of helping civilians, Liu Bei was a doctor, so he also had similar thoughts like Zhao Shen. Gao Ling in the other hand, had different thoughts as them. Having he is experience from his last life, he knew that people could a white eyed wolf. He had forgotten how many times he had seen how people turn against each other for little benefits. Now at the apocalypse was the law of the jungle, only the strong could survive. But at the end, even if Gao Ling had these thoughts, we couldn't help get soft-hearted. Maybe he was now more indifferent to unrelated people, but he still was capable of having human compassion.

Zhao Shen, the stopped his hummer slowly in front of the woman. The girl that looked in her mid-twenties was wearing a some blue jeans, black tank top cover by a black jean jacket. Her black hair was tight in a bun. Besides her backpack, she didn't have anything else, but what was shocking to the group it was that this woman was pregnant! The woman, seeing that the car was willing to stopped, was so moved to the edge of tears. How bad has it been since the apocalypse began and now body had wanted to help her.

"Come on, let me help you." Liu Bei the top class doctor help the woman get inside the back seat of the hummer.

"Thank you...thank you..." The woman was very moved by the help, she was a little wary seeing that only men were in the hummer, but looking the well behave and gentle looking teen on the back seat she was a little more calm.

As Liu Bei helped the woman get set on the back seat, he went back to the co-pilot, they had to leave fast before zombies gathered around them. So like that, Zhao Shen resumed their journey to the military based.